Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

janetter 03-14-2012 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy (Post 4998354)
TOO CUTE! but how the heck did you do that on a roll of toilet paper?????????

LOL I did this one year as a gift for "over the hill" It was a blast ( I only embroidered enough designs so it could be seen, not all the way thru the roll)

Quilting Krazy you have an awesome job!!!!

shawnan 03-14-2012 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Leigh74 (Post 5059393)
Re: stabilizers....Thanks for the replies/suggestions. I'm a novice and just wanted to tap into the knowledge provided on this board. My dealer told me to use tear away yet the emblibrary site says cutaway....so I turned to you guys. I'll experiment on a few blocks and see what tests out better.

I see that Nancy's Notions has a book titled "Stabilizers—The Foundation Guidebook" on sale for $7.99. This might be something worth investing in.

I have a Pfaff Creative 4.0 which I've had for about 6 months. I am loving it and my dealer is awesome with the classes/lessons each month.

scrappy2 03-15-2012 12:59 AM

I have a Janome 9700 w/4X4 & 5X7 hoops. I use it mostly for Items for DGK's. Been putting designs on T-Shirts & bags. I like making playfood for g-daughter. Have not made a quilt with embroidery yet but plan on making one soon. A chat about embroidery would be wonderful.

Linda

Karissa 03-15-2012 06:18 AM

What emb designs did you use on your quilts? You did a wonderful job.

Karissa 03-15-2012 06:19 AM

I have a Janome 10000 & 11000

Krystyna 03-15-2012 06:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few things I've done with my embroidery machines.

The first project I did when I got my Baby Lock Sofia 2 was a cat quilt for my aunt. I used the QAYG Fun and Done squares. Not really happy with the way it came out, but she loved it.

As I got more comfortable, I started incorporating embroidery into doll quilts. The next set of photos is from one using batiks and dragonfly motifs.

Most recently, using my Brother PE-770, I made a quilted Bowling Grannie tote for a secret pal swap.

Krystyna 03-15-2012 06:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more ... I don't remember where I found the design, but here is a FSL Hanky Angel. I've made them as condolence gifts for friends, both "real time" and virtual ones here on the QB. I liked the design because I can change the hair color and skin tone to match the person. I got some hanky linen at Joann and serged the edges, sometimes adding an initial or little flower. The one pictured below is for a friend from the Philippines who lost her mother. I tucked it into a bouquet of orchids.

lpsewing 03-19-2012 06:10 AM

I own a Janome 5,000 for many years I am trying to purchase a used Janome 11,000 SE model.I would appreciate information on a either a private sale or a dealer who had a trade in.
Thank you
Happy Sewing
Linda

quiltnut4ever 03-21-2012 03:52 AM

Krystyna, that is beautiful work. I own a Babylock Ellure Plus with the 5x7 field and extended hoop. I had researched the Brother PE 770 the embroidery only machine and wanted to ask how do you like it? I love Babylock and own 2 of their machines and serger. I wish I had more time to do my embroidery but once I get off of work I'm very tired. Love the bowling bag!

Krystyna 03-21-2012 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 5078138)
Krystyna, that is beautiful work. I own a Babylock Ellure Plus with the 5x7 field and extended hoop. I had researched the Brother PE 770 the embroidery only machine and wanted to ask how do you like it? I love Babylock and own 2 of their machines and serger. I wish I had more time to do my embroidery but once I get off of work I'm very tired. Love the bowling bag!

I love the PE-770. It's so easy to use and I haven't had a single problem with it. I purchased it on eBay after seeing that the shop selling it wasn't far away. It was a terrific buy and came with lots of thread and extra hoops.