Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

Freddie 03-30-2012 04:49 AM

When you click "about us" when you go to Saveondesigns, it does not tell you anything about this site. Also, I don't see where they say they are a licensed distributor for Disney. Has anyone bought from them?

Originally Posted by Crqltr (Post 5096501)
Please know who you are buying licensed designs from..I bought from e bay years ago when I got my first machine. The OESD attorneys came after me also. I did not have a clue..figured e bay would be ok to buy from. They tried to fine me 800.00 and return the disks. If you look at e bay now most of the illegal designs come out of diff countries. It worked out but it was scary.
I tried this site but its not available...

[/QUOTE]

mythreesuns 03-30-2012 08:13 AM

I have a Viking Topaz 20 and so far I love it (well most times lol). I have made two smaller quilts with it, and now working on a third. The shirts I am not to happy with and frustrated with, and not real into those. My DH and family wants me to be.. but they never turn out right.

laura59 03-30-2012 11:58 AM

My understanding is that Disney designs are licensed to Brother and that anyone else selling or giving them away is in violation of copyright.

mermaid 03-30-2012 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I started off on this thread with 2 Brother ULT's, but yesterday I was using one to embroider quilt blocks --I think they are Harley Davidson bikes (son says they're anatomically correct for colorlines.) I got one mugrug finished and 4.5 blocks done when suddenly the machine gave a death rattle and locked up totally. The hand wheel won't move, tho I have cleaned the bobbin area thoroughly. I think it is off to repair..I'm worried.

Krystyna 03-30-2012 05:15 PM

I had that happen to me once. AFTER paying $160 to the technician, I was told there was nothing wrong with it. Sometimes if you are stitching a lot they just shut down and seem to need a rest. If there's a reset button, use it.

sylviak 03-30-2012 06:19 PM

I love this thread since I just purchased a Brother PE 770, but I have a bunch of questions! I'll start with just one, LOL!
My EM uses a flash drive to obtain patterns from the internet, but I have no way to organize them! I've been having them sent unzipped by email from which I can put them on my flash drive and then on the EM. I store these in a file on my email account. I print the color change and picture off for each one (lots of work). The pattern shows up as a black "blob" on my machine, then the areas being emb. show up as smaller black blobs. I've been looking at Amazing Designs "Catalog It" and it looks like just what I need. Does anyone use this and how do you get it from the catalog program to the machine? Flash drive? I'm sure considering buying it before I collect anymore patterns!

quiltnut4ever 03-31-2012 03:39 AM

Mermaid, hope its nothing too serious. Like Krystyna stated, sometimes these machines do need to rest a bit. Its never happened to me and I would be worried, after all, we paid a good price to have these machines and working and its a frustration when it clams up like that.

Krystyna 03-31-2012 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5103754)
I love this thread since I just purchased a Brother PE 770, but I have a bunch of questions! I'll start with just one, LOL!
My EM uses a flash drive to obtain patterns from the internet, but I have no way to organize them! I've been having them sent unzipped by email from which I can put them on my flash drive and then on the EM. I store these in a file on my email account. I print the color change and picture off for each one (lots of work). The pattern shows up as a black "blob" on my machine, then the areas being emb. show up as smaller black blobs. I've been looking at Amazing Designs "Catalog It" and it looks like just what I need. Does anyone use this and how do you get it from the catalog program to the machine? Flash drive? I'm sure considering buying it before I collect anymore patterns!

Sylviac, congratulations on your machine! I have a Brother PE-770 and love it! Never a problem.
As for the designs, I bought something that turns files into icons, but I can't remember what it was. It was around $25. There are lots of Yahoo Embroidery groups and one of them -- I think it's DesignsbySiCK -- has a downloadable file that consists of category folders. It sure is a time saver. I use Windows 7 Professional so I just set up another "Library" called Embroidery. Have fun with your new machine!

Freddie 03-31-2012 05:38 AM

I have the PE770 too and yes, the view on the machine is one black blob. However, the price of the machine was excellent, so this is what I did. Search on the internet for ERA Universal. There are quite a few sites. This is a free program, but I got the CD and paid $14.95 forshipping. You might be able to find a dealer, who will let you download deirectly on your computer, if you live in the US. It is a full digitizing program and, yes, no other costs or annoying e-mails. They also have the more expensive Liberty of course, but I am happy with the "freebie". I don't digitize very much with it, but I can alter the designs and scale them. The most important part is that you can see all the steps of your embroidery and look at your computer screen.The learning curve is quite great, but slowly, but surely I like it more and more. Good luck with your machine

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5103754)

DeniseP 03-31-2012 06:33 AM

I have owned a Bernina 185E for five years and last fall I bought a Happy Voyager. I liked the Bernina, but I hated having to change the thread for every color. Also, the company is not great on customer service because they tell you to call your dealer. My dealer is very condescending to women and I won't tolerate that.

My sister once told a dealer who was rude to me, "Listen, she was born, she was potty trained and then she started to sew. She knows what she's talking about." I love my sister. I am just now learning how to use the new machine (12 needles) and would like to know if anyone else has one. I have a home based business and have embroidered on bibs, clothing, taggie blankets and lots of other things. I love embroidery. It is total creative freedom.