Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Xmas Tree Skirt Project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/xmas-tree-skirt-project-t319668.html)

ZooAnimals 12-07-2022 01:20 AM

Xmas Tree Skirt Project

4 Attachment(s)
This is a JUJU Xmas Tree Skirt Project for in the hoop . All machine brand files are available There is a lot of Applique and it takes days to complete. The pattern has a very comprehensive PDF on how to construct embroider and applique for the project. There are about 40hrs off embroidery-applique This could be longer as I created new files so I could embroider consecutively along material and slide it along in the hoop..just had to use the hoop grid for alignment to save some time rehooping every piece..What you see is not finished, it is just been sewed together I still have to put a back on I will ditch stitch this as it's one large piece of material cut to shape. There will be binding all around the edge and center..This is a great project if you like embroidery and applique...The pattern allows for 3 sizes.

Rhonda K 12-07-2022 04:59 AM

Beautiful tree skirt!

That's an intense project with all 45 designs. I love your modification to the instructions. It would save on stabilizer, batting and fabric. What stabilizer did you use for the embroidery?

I have all the fabric, batting and 101 cut ready to go. All 3 sections will be the same fabric. I'm also going to add tabs and snaps to close the skirt vs binding and ties.

QuiltBaer 12-07-2022 05:54 AM

You really spent a lot of time on this. You should be proud because the finished tree skirt is beautiful!

ZooAnimals 12-07-2022 06:43 PM

Hi Rhonda K. I agree it is an intense project but that's what I like, the more intricate the better! I use the stiffest (heavy) stabilizer cut away, so I don't get any puckering or distortion around edges,I use it on most of my projects now...You are right about using fewer consumables as the cost accumulates on a project like this..This will probably be in the $300 mark when finished, everything is more expensive here in Australia. I've seen it made with just the same fabric and it looks really kool.. definitely saves a lot of time piecing it together

ZooAnimals 12-07-2022 06:47 PM

Hi QuiltBaer Thankyou for you interest in this project

WMUTeach 12-08-2022 03:46 AM

Oh, my that is an amazing piece of work. So intricate and visually interesting. Any tree would be proud to be skirted with your beauty.

Tartan 12-08-2022 06:18 AM

Lovely tree skirt!

marsharini 12-14-2022 02:38 AM

Absolutely beautiful. I bought the pattern, but the project will have to wait until next year.

Rhonda K 12-14-2022 04:39 AM

Thank you for the stabilizer tip to use cut-a-way. Did you use a regular hoop or a magnetic hoop? Love your machine.

tallchick 12-14-2022 06:23 AM

Wow, stunning! Great job.