Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Xmas Tree Skirt Project >

Xmas Tree Skirt Project

Xmas Tree Skirt Project

Old 12-07-2022, 01:20 AM

Default Xmas Tree Skirt Project

This is a JUJU Xmas Tree Skirt Project for in the hoop . All machine brand files are available There is a lot of Applique and it takes days to complete. The pattern has a very comprehensive PDF on how to construct embroider and applique for the project. There are about 40hrs off embroidery-applique This could be longer as I created new files so I could embroider consecutively along material and slide it along in the hoop..just had to use the hoop grid for alignment to save some time rehooping every piece..What you see is not finished, it is just been sewed together I still have to put a back on I will ditch stitch this as it's one large piece of material cut to shape. There will be binding all around the edge and center..This is a great project if you like embroidery and applique...The pattern allows for 3 sizes.
Attached Thumbnails img_5436.jpg   img_5422.jpg   img_5417.jpg   img_5412.jpg  
Old 12-07-2022, 04:59 AM

Beautiful tree skirt!

That's an intense project with all 45 designs. I love your modification to the instructions. It would save on stabilizer, batting and fabric. What stabilizer did you use for the embroidery?

I have all the fabric, batting and 101 cut ready to go. All 3 sections will be the same fabric. I'm also going to add tabs and snaps to close the skirt vs binding and ties.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:54 AM

You really spent a lot of time on this. You should be proud because the finished tree skirt is beautiful!
Old 12-07-2022, 06:43 PM

Hi Rhonda K. I agree it is an intense project but that's what I like, the more intricate the better! I use the stiffest (heavy) stabilizer cut away, so I don't get any puckering or distortion around edges,I use it on most of my projects now...You are right about using fewer consumables as the cost accumulates on a project like this..This will probably be in the $300 mark when finished, everything is more expensive here in Australia. I've seen it made with just the same fabric and it looks really kool.. definitely saves a lot of time piecing it together
Old 12-07-2022, 06:47 PM

Hi QuiltBaer Thankyou for you interest in this project
Old 12-08-2022, 03:46 AM

Oh, my that is an amazing piece of work. So intricate and visually interesting. Any tree would be proud to be skirted with your beauty.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Lovely tree skirt!
Old 12-14-2022, 02:38 AM

Absolutely beautiful. I bought the pattern, but the project will have to wait until next year.
Old 12-14-2022, 04:39 AM

Thank you for the stabilizer tip to use cut-a-way. Did you use a regular hoop or a magnetic hoop? Love your machine.
Old 12-14-2022, 06:23 AM

Wow, stunning! Great job.