Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"The Binding Tool" really works!!! >

"The Binding Tool" really works!!!

"The Binding Tool" really works!!!

Old 05-30-2010, 02:50 AM

DITTO !!!! I used this one and it is a NO FAIL !!! Thank you for finding the link that describes it TO A "T" !!!!! I have been only TOLD the way in months past.

Originally Posted by athenagwis
I use this method to do continuous binding like this:

http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/.../binding-tips/

Works every time and it works for absolutely any width of binding and even more of a plus, I don't have to start and stop the binding at any specific distance apart because I tend to overshoot my marks. :) I hope that helps someone. The tool is great, but this method has worked for me for a while. :)

Rachel
Old 05-30-2010, 06:20 AM

Works every time and it works for absolutely any width of binding and even more of a plus, I don't have to start and stop the binding at any specific distance apart because I tend to overshoot my marks. :) I hope that helps someone. The tool is great, but this method has worked for me for a while. :)

Rachel

Thanks Rachel for this pictorial tip!! I have tried and tried to do it like that (with all the measuring) and would get so frustrated when it didn't work out. This lady makes it look really simple!!
Old 05-30-2010, 06:42 AM

HI, I have a way of doing the ends that doesn't require anything more than folding down the beginning of the binding. After you fold the binding in half and press OPEN the END of the binding that you will atart sewing FIRST. Hold it up lengthwise - take the top right hand corner and fold it so that it is slanted like the leftside of a mountain-press it so that it stays in that position- then refold it so it conforms with the rest of the binding.This is the end you will start sewing. when you come back to this point with the END of the binding you will see that it will nestle in and there won't be any large bumps. I will take some photos and post them next week. Anne
Old 05-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Google Goddess

thanks and please put this in the tutorial section for us on binding, thank you

Originally Posted by Honchey
HI, I have a way of doing the ends that doesn't require anything more than folding down the beginning of the binding. After you fold the binding in half and press OPEN the END of the binding that you will atart sewing FIRST. Hold it up lengthwise - take the top right hand corner and fold it so that it is slanted like the leftside of a mountain-press it so that it stays in that position- then refold it so it conforms with the rest of the binding.This is the end you will start sewing. when you come back to this point with the END of the binding you will see that it will nestle in and there won't be any large bumps. I will take some photos and post them next week. Anne
Old 05-30-2010, 07:53 AM

I bought it too and haven't used it yet, but do have that quilt waiting on me to bind..Can't wait to use it!! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:46 AM

Works every time and it works for absolutely any width of binding and even more of a plus, I don't have to start and stop the binding at any specific distance apart because I tend to overshoot my marks. :) I hope that helps someone. The tool is great, but this method has worked for me for a while. :) Rachel

Well, I didn't have the binding tool, and I really struggled with my last binding, so I used your link and tried this method today. It worked great! Thanks for posting this.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup

Works every time and it works for absolutely any width of binding and even more of a plus, I don't have to start and stop the binding at any specific distance apart because I tend to overshoot my marks. :) I hope that helps someone. The tool is great, but this method has worked for me for a while. :) Rachel

Well, I didn't have the binding tool, and I really struggled with my last binding, so I used your link and tried this method today. It worked great! Thanks for posting this.
Glad it could help!! Makes it so easy!! :)

Rachel
Old 05-31-2010, 02:10 PM

Okay I need that!! :)
Old 05-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

I really want one too!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Wow! I am sooo pleased. I picked up a new tool at the Lancaster Quilts show in March called "The Binding TooL" and just tried it out tonight. It works wonderfully. When I would do binding, I could never get the part where you finish and start to match up nicely and lay flat. It was always very obvious where that area was joined. With this tool, it was very easy and came out perfectly. The tool and demo by the Missouri Quilt Company can be seen here. (I would recommend watching the demo several times after you get the tool and before you do it for the first time.

http://missouriquiltco.com/shop/noti...ducts-inc.html

Does anyone else have this handy dandy little darling and how do you like it. As quilting tools go, it wasn't that expensive.

This is an updated video without all the quilt show background noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex2PajesRvU
Yes, I used to have the same problem with matching the ends of the binding. My tool is by Fons & Porter and it works beautifully. I love it. Wish I'd found it long ago.