Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"Create" channel..... sewing and quilting ALL DAY! >

"Create" channel..... sewing and quilting ALL DAY!

"Create" channel..... sewing and quilting ALL DAY!

Old 07-16-2011, 05:11 AM

For anyone who gets the "Create" channel..... there are sewing and quilting shows ALL DAY.... with a few knitting shows thrown in.

It is going to be a great day. Husband is at work.... I'm cleaning house... and watching "Create" all day. The only thing that would be better is if I could sew while watching the shows... but alas.... the dust and clutter is out of here today.

Woo hoo!
Old 07-16-2011, 05:15 AM

when you get done with your house, feel free to come on over and clean mine!
Old 07-16-2011, 05:22 AM

lol. It will take me ALL day in this house... whew.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:35 AM

Never heard of that channel...will have to look for it. My DH is retired and I work...so I drive him crazy with those kind of shows when I am off. :-D
Old 07-16-2011, 05:41 AM

I've found it in Maine but not in NH. Must depend on the cable company or something. It seems as if it has a lot of older PBS shows. I enjoy watching it when I'm up there.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:58 AM

Anyone from MA found this channel? I have Comcast but can not seem to find this channel or ANY quilting shows... I would love to watch some when I come home from work or on a weekend!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:01 AM

I'm watching it now. Didn't know it would be all day though. LOVE IT. I don't have cable - just the box the "government" gave a coupon for a couple years ago. So only get about 8 channels and one of them is Create.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:03 AM

I found this in Houghton Lake, MI but the entire day was a guy either cooking or gardening. Must have missed the quilting day. I will look up Create.com
Old 07-16-2011, 06:04 AM

I checked and we don't have it here on Direct TV either.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:12 AM

We have a couple of the Create channels from our Comcast cable provider. They are public TV channels which originate from our State University or at least from that area (Pennsylvania State University or PSU and the channel designation is WPSU) However, the sewing/quilting programs are shown on Saturday only, and various programming is shown throughout the rest of the week, such as cooking, travel, politics, etc. Also, I checked all of the sewing/quilting programs for all of today and every one of them is a repeat - a lot from 2010, but many from long ago like 2001, 2003, etc.

Anyway, I believe the channel is state-wide, at least on Comcast, but not nation-wide. Perhaps other states have their own. I would think that your local PBS station could tell you if there is a Create channel in your area. Also you could check with your cable provider.

FREE Quilting Newsletter