Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"Quilt In A Day" an opinion on their fabric please >

"Quilt In A Day" an opinion on their fabric please

"Quilt In A Day" an opinion on their fabric please

Old 08-26-2011, 04:29 AM

i've purchased from her site before two things to note they rip the fabric instead of cutting it and they never let you know when the item has shipped.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:32 AM

I ordered from them last month, during a huge sale they were having. I didn't get exactly what I'd ordered. I had six different fabrics of varying lengths - most of it holiday fabric. When I got my package, there was fabric that I didn't order. There was no holiday fabric. I didn't know if they ran out and substituted...but I liked the fabric sent, so I just kept it.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Carol J.
I have been to her tent sales in Paducah a number of times, all the fabric I saw is first rate. She has a reputation to keep up in order to stay in business so the fabric she uses is what she sells. You won't go wrong buying her fabric. Try one order and decide from there if you want more.
I have watched her videos on public broadcasting for years, have many of her books and find her instructions easy to use. She is a bit goofy in person but she is an actress at heart. Takes all kinds to fill this world, heaven help us if we were all alike. She is one smart woman and overcame many hardships to get where she is. Trust her.

Carol J.
I totally agree & love her silly self!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:29 AM

Everything I have from Eleanor has been by Benartex, but its been awhile since I got it.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:41 AM

In Eleanor's 25th Anniversary "love the log cabin quilt" video she tells about how "her Bill" left her with her two boys for greener pastures. It was truly heart rendering. I sent it to my daughters so we could share it together.
I think she's especially lovely and very generous with all her free videos and patterns. (But I still wouldn't go to her Block Parties - lol)
I think I'll comment with my order, not to TEAR my fabric. Probably some slack sales assistant.
Thanks for all your help ladies.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:31 AM

I've never been disappointed with any of the fabric that I purchased from her. She is a well-known teacher and quilter, so her shop wouldn't carry inferior fabric, IMHO.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:34 AM

Ive bought alot of fabric fron her and have never had a problem. They have never ripped the fabric either.
Once they shipped the wrong notion and when I told them they sent the right one and told me to keep the wrong one and did not charge me for it.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:23 AM

Thanks for your help Pat and Rose Marie. I've loved her since I watched her videos, but live in Australia and an international order is a big deal for me. I guess I just wanted confirmation from you ladies.
And I've got it. I placed my "stash" order with Eleanor and am expecting a good experience.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Dix

I met E. Burns in Julian, CA a few years ago, where she has a cabin in the mountians there. Also she was our guest at the Oklahoma Quilt show. She is really neat lady! I have bought alot of her fabric and love it. I feel sure if there was a mistake she would want it corrected.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:31 PM

Heads up Dix for your help!