Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"Quilt too big?  Hang it up!" >

"Quilt too big? Hang it up!"

"Quilt too big? Hang it up!"

Old 09-20-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Interesting idea. Not sure if I want clamps like that hanging from my family room ceiling though.
Before I got my frame I did the same thing only I use hooks in my ceiling. I hang baskets with scraps in them. They are decorative as well as functional.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:25 PM

Ceiling hooks with baskets
Attached Thumbnails attachment-259893.jpe  
Old 09-20-2011, 07:30 PM

For those that have 'stud' issues...measure out 16 in. from the corner of your wall. All modern (100 years plus) use this measurement. 16 inches on center. Every 16 inches is a stud.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

My computer didn't allow me to see it all but from what I can see, it sparked an idea! What about the automatic garage door? I think I'm going to see if I could put sometthing in the spaces between the sections to fasten to. Not only would it be very strong but adjustable depending on the weather. I'll check mine out tomorrow. Too cold in the winter but okay right now for a while. :thumbup:
Old 09-20-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan
My computer didn't allow me to see it all but from what I can see, it sparked an idea! What about the automatic garage door? I think I'm going to see if I could put sometthing in the spaces between the sections to fasten to. Not only would it be very strong but adjustable depending on the weather. I'll check mine out tomorrow. Too cold in the winter but okay right now for a while. :thumbup:
I like your idea since I cant afford to remove the garage door, I decided to put the form insulation panels in my door. I will see what the temperature is this winter since the entire garage is already insulated except the door.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter
For those that have 'stud' issues...measure out 16 in. from the corner of your wall. All modern (100 years plus) use this measurement. 16 inches on center. Every 16 inches is a stud.
Thanks, NJ, but I was trying to be punny about finding a "stud".

:oops: