Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Quilter's Block" anyone ever have it?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I tried, I really tried, but all I did was cut one strip of fabric 5 inches wide. LoL (Have no idea why I even made it 5 inches wide.)

With all the quilts and quilty things I've made in the last two months and all the quilts I've designed on my EQ7 you would think I would have a pattern in my head at all times for my 'next project".

Nope. Not yesterday. Not today either. Luckily I have binding to do on a table runner/place mat set, a customer's quilt to put the binding on and another quilt from a customer on its way. I also have a few smaller quilts of my own to longarm. BUT I wanted to start a new quilt ;)

Maybe tomorrow.

Happy Quilting everyone!

Phyllis
    QuiltingGrannie
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-21-2011 at 04:54 AM. Reason: remove business name from post

Blog Entries
    all the time

Blog Entries
    Inspiration will hit when you least expect it!:)

I havent sewn a seam in three weeks it is so sad But have got to get busy

Yep, especially when I am overwhelmed by life.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes you just need a break. Do something that does not involve quilting, then before you know it, the ideas will start appearing!

This too shall pass....

Grab a cuppa....red a book, or watch a movie....then BAM....inspiration will hit. It will be ok :)

read a book...lol

At times I am not sure if its a motivation issue or a true quilters block , either way I don't feel like myself when it happens.... and can't wait for it to pass.
    I usually spend time cleaning my sewing room till it passes. When inspiration resumes ... I am glad there is some order in what is usually chaois.

Blog Entries
    been there

Blog Entries
    Perhaps you just need a deep breath, chocolate, put your feet up break with a good book. Sometimes clearing thy head of all that you have been doing brings the next project to mind. Relax and enjoy (smile).

It happens to us all at one time or another. I refold fabric and usually something will inspire me. If not, well then my sewing room gets clean LOL Don't worry with the Holidays coming you will be busy real soon!!

I am sorry you are having a quilting block..no pun intended, of course...but I am glad I am not the only one who has this problem occasionally. I usually get this problem when I set aside time just to quilt. Go figure.

Hang in there. This will pass.

Yep, I have to take plenty of breaks to clear the fog in my head. LOL, when I sit on the couch, my hubby always asks, all done. My reply, nope, just regrouping! :D One would think he would get tired of asking. :laugh:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    yep, but it is TOTE bag block at the moment..and I have to get one in the mail...so not coming to me...

Sure do. That is when I say my creativity has walked away! Took me coming here to find some ideas. Thanks

I have had that feeling before. Usually because I know I should finish something and I really want to start something new.

I never thought it would happen to me but I'm going through it right now. Nothing inspires me to quilt right now. I'm not even thinking about what to make for Christmas gifts, I doubt anyone is getting something handmade by me unless it's baked.

I'm hoping once the cold weather hits my quilting mojo will return.

I feel much the same way today. Dreamed all night about quilting, but this AM there is no inspiration. Tried reading a quilt magazine, to no avail. Really, I think I have too many irons in the fire. Maybe a few days off would be good for us.

I always get quilters block when I have so many ideas about all the projects I want to do, I just don't know where to begin. I have to slow my mind down, so the rest of me can catch up.

Go have a drink, read a book, just veg out. Relax. This too shall pass.

I am giving myself a break from large quilting projects for a few weeks and only fussing with small items. When I get working my mind really pushes me ahead so this will give my mind a small vacation and reduce self induced stress created by the constant work. A change of pace is good for everyone.

For the past month I walk into my sewing room look around, sit in chair, stare at unfinished projects, fabric...and am overwhelmed, so I get up, and walk out. This is several times a day. I did start and 2/3 completed a table runner. I think this is not uncommon for quilters to get "stalled". Good Luck to you.

Oh yes! I have sooo much I want to do, so many patterns and books, so much fabric that I get overwhelmed with what to do and with family troubles. A couple of weeks ago I had a hard time making a simple nine patch potholder! I got it done though. Then the LQS told me she had another sample lined up for me to do so that got me out of my slump. I didn't have to decide what pattern or fabric to use. It was already decided for me. So I'm back on track

I've had it for a bit now, hopefully with winter coming I can get in the swing of things again.

I've run into that slump recently. I signed up to do a quilt workshop offered by my Guild. I'm in hopes that that will inspire me!! I've so much to do for Christmas that I think I'm just shutting down because I'm overwhelmed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast