Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"Quilting Arts" Show -- images ? >

"Quilting Arts" Show -- images ?

"Quilting Arts" Show -- images ?

Old 07-22-2010, 07:52 AM

I've searched and searched and can't find. I came into the show last week about 5 minutes or so into it (I think) and they were transferring a picture the woman had printed from her computer onto fabric. It was done differently than I've seen....the photo was printed on special "paper" and then soaked in water THEN put on the fabric and I think ironed on later. I can't find anything on their website (the worst website I've visited in a long time) and would love to find out what that product is called! Anyone have an idea???

thanks in advance. :P
Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 AM

bubble jet?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:35 AM

well - yes, the printer was a bubble jet printer, but she printed the picture onto some kind of product....I think!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:42 AM

I wish I could help. I have seen the episode, its not a new episode last weeks was a repeat. You may want to contact the station for the episode number. Even if they gave the weeks worth of episodes its a place to start or if you still have the old TV listing/guide may have the episode number.
I too have been thier web site to find info on a broadcast ... pretty sad ... I can never find anything.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:51 AM

It was most likely using ink-jet printable transparency film. You can use gel medium or water to transfer the image to fabric. The sheets are made by HP, 3M and several other companies. In very simplified steps, you print on the sheet, spray it with water, place it on the fabric, burnish it, and peel off the paper. (you can always contact Pokey Bolton at the QA website if you want to know for sure...not the TV site, the magazine site)
Old 07-22-2010, 11:04 AM

Okay - ghostrider...that sounds exactly like what I was seeing. Unfortunately, DH just told me that we don't have an ink-jet printer.......:( said the laser-jet printers are different.......of course!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:21 AM

I use fabric sheets all the time for printing photos. Joanns has June Tailor colorfast fabric sheets, I think they come in white and off white. They are also in cotton or linen. C. Jenkins has fabric sheets in cotton sateen, I just received them but haven't tried them yet. They are at www.cjenkinscompany.com
Hope this helps you!
Kat
Old 07-27-2010, 06:38 AM

Yes, laser printers are different.

Please, read the paper work that comes with any printer product to make sure it will work in your printer. Many crafting products are designed especially for ink jet printers and will junk a laser printer.

Now the good news is that ink jet printers are the "cheap" type. Check the ads for "back to school" specials and you should find one for less than $50.00 that will work.

In fact, I kept the freebie printer that came with my last computer purchase just for craft/quilting projects. No reason to torch my good laser printer.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:25 PM

Here's a link for info on printing fabrics with a laser printer. http://www.brighthub.com/computing/h...les/58811.aspx