Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"Short Arm Quilter" >

"Short Arm Quilter"

"Short Arm Quilter"

Old 02-26-2011, 12:42 AM

I have a Happy Jack frame with a Juki 9 inch throat machine. I love it, these days I am only making charity quilts, these I meander over or do a watertype design.It saves my sanity as I was never happy quilting with a DM , I tried tack basting, Pining, sparying but still I got bunches undneath, these days I can get a quilt done in 2-3 hours. My quilts certainly wouldnt win a prize in a quilt show but they DO put a smile on the faces of the people receiving them
Dale
New Zealand
Old 02-26-2011, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by pinebeltquilter
Does anyone have a New Joy Quilting Frame that uses an 8 or 9 inch machine bed on it? If so, do you like it? I have just bought one and I'm not sure if that was wise.
I have a New Joy frame with a 9" Brother1500S. I actually am in the market to sell it, because I realized belatedly that my preferred quilting style will not work on a frame mounted machine with a throat that shallow. My quilting motifs tend to be organic rather than linear. Once I got the frame set up, there was a bit of a learning curve, but after that it worked fine. I just had to leave more room at the ends to deal with changing bobbins etc.

Diana