Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"White" (brand name) sewing machine >

"White" (brand name) sewing machine

"White" (brand name) sewing machine

Old 10-22-2011, 05:11 PM

My mom had a White machine that did embrodery stitches. Had a ton of cogs. (I think that is what she called them.) I sewed with it a few times then left home. I really do not know what she did with it. I know she used it for years.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:21 PM

This is what Im wondering about the white . . . It would still be great as a backup but I really want to try fmq. Actually, dont know if they'll drop on my Brother but they must as I saw the foot in my manual. Your singer sounds gorgeous. Do all of them work?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:16 PM

Yes, they all work. I just use the 99 the most. It has wonderful stitches!! I loaned my brother's girlfriend one of my Brother machines so she could learn. I have picture posted on here. The Singers are actually my Mom and Dad's machines but they have had them move in with me. ;) They knew I was so excited when I found out they had them. They were like-you can use then and if anything was to ever happen to us they become yours. I was so tickled!!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-121268-1.htm I have the 1st one and the 3rd one here with me. The 2nd one my Mom just loves-it's in a cabinet.

My Kenmore is further down on this page.....(not the first machine you see but the 2nd one) http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-125822-1.htm This one will run but I've not had time to do anything with her. I actually would be willing to sell it if someone was interested. I just don't have room for this many machines. LOL
Old 10-22-2011, 09:43 PM

Wow! Do your parents want/need another daughter? The paint on your Baby is so rich, gorgeous! My poor old white is nothing like any of these. Its a hippie from the 70's but it sure runs good. I kind of like the little old mini machines I've seen in antique shops. I don't know it they ever really worked or just eye candy. I've seen that matte finish on your other machine. Somewhere in childhood. Very familiar to me, I know just how it feels - so incredible and lucky you!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:31 AM

My first sewing machine was a "White-Westinghouse" bought at a local dealer. (Baldswinville, NY) It was a "designer series". The model number is: 3300. It was an EXCELLENT machine. I received it when I was 24. I am now 40. It is still going strong. I actually "outgrew" it, I moved onto bigger machines. I would recommend the brand.

debra
Old 10-23-2011, 07:06 AM

Im going to gently get out of mine all that I can, then move up, but hope to keep these. Who knows, I may have a real gem. It sure has a strong, solid purr. Love that!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:10 AM

I have a 1986 White Serger that works better than my newer Babylock, never had a White Sewing Machine, but I sure love the Serger!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:18 AM

I had a White a long time ago. It worked great. I think they're a division of Viking.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 AM

I am so glad you got your White! I hope you love it as much as I love mine. My first new machine was a White I bought probably in 1980 when I finally had some money. It is a mechanical, all metal machine - that's what I wanted (no computers, no zillions of stitches, no plastic innards for me) I LOVED that machine. It sews through anything and everything and the stitches are beautiful! Both of my children learned to sew on that machine. I have never taken it in for professional servicing, I keep it clean and oiled. I still have it but it has mostly sat on a shelf for the last five years. I power her up every once in a while (just because!). I have too many machines at this point but I would have a very hard time parting with my White. This thread makes me smile - I really do love my White.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:57 AM

My treadle is a White Family Rotary - love it.
My serger is a White -VERY pleased with it, too.