Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
{Please Help} I am looking for the recommendations for Sewing Machines! >

{Please Help} I am looking for the recommendations for Sewing Machines!

{Please Help} I am looking for the recommendations for Sewing Machines!

Old 09-26-2020, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

You might give a gift certificate or money towards a machine. My last Bernina was about $3000 and that may be more then you were thinking of.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:05 PM

I agree with picking out her own machine. How about making her a gift certificate worth what you planned to spend and letting her chose? She may have something in mind.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:02 PM
mkc

OP's first post and they are linking a highly suspect website that is loaded with affiliate links trying to get folks to click on it. The other site they list is a foreign-owned seller site. Sounds like spamming the board to me. Reported.

And don't click their link.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:09 AM

I agree with let grandma choose, if you cant take her shopping due to pandemic or distance look online with her. Due to the pandemic Babylock & Brother (my favorite machines) companies are letting their dealers sell machines via phone that previously could only be bought in person in their shops. Maybe other brands are doing the same. My local Babylock dealer sew412.com is showing many of her Baby lock machines at her website with their prices. Looking there you could get an idea of prices, types. At the company websites Babylock.com or Brother.com you can get a better description of the different models.
And of course there is Amazon and Walmart online, those machines have reviews that give you an idea of what others think and also easier to return if necessary. I have found the Brother and Janome machines from those sources are great.
But be aware, because of the pandemic and so many more people sewing masks and hobbies there has been a major shortage of all machines under $1000, it is starting to ease up but some models difficult to find
I'm not an expert but a grandma who loves sewing machines of all types, been fascinated with them since childhood so try to keep up with whats out there.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

I think you should shop together. One thing to keep in mind is that gear driven machine motors are much stronger than belt driven motors. Avoid a belt driven motor.

If you post names and models of specific machines, people who have those machines can reply to your questions.