Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
“It’s not real quilting” >

“It’s not real quilting”

“It’s not real quilting”

Old 12-08-2018, 01:47 PM

Just tell him to get in his horseless carriage and go home.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by teresaa View Post
just tell him to get in his horseless carriage and go home.
roflmao :d
Old 12-08-2018, 02:15 PM

Loved this one...
Old 12-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Quilts made and quilted by machine are finished so much faster. I use to hand quilt ( about 1 quilt per year). Now I can make 40 lap cover sized quilts per year. No way am I going backwards.

Ask him how many hand made quilts has he made.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:33 PM

This man is entitled to his opinion. I hope you learn to not take mind to his opinion. If you enjoy making quilts and enjoy doing it with a machine, it makes no difference what he thinks. A few members had a problem with me wasting my time quilting. I would hide my quilting when they came by, to not hear their remarks. Then it occurred to me it's their problem, but when I hide my quilts or think of their comments, it then became my problem. Let this just be his problem and make your quilts.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:50 PM

I find it interesting when people think the only quilts that are "real" are hand quilted---I have vintage quilts that are both hand and machine quilted--both gorgeous. My own BIL pulled the "but it's not handquilted" the first time he saw my long arm and my DS cooled that real fast!

I do think that at shows quilts need to be designated as either hand quilted, hand quided/machine quilted, or robotic guilded/machine quilted as there is so much difference in each technique--but not because one is better than the other.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
go ahead and punch him in the throat.
just make sure there are no witnesses!
I think this is the best idea.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:22 PM

I had a bil that sounds just like yours. The 4 of us traveled a lot for many years together. We would go weekly to the Lancaster, Pa. area (1 hour away). We would drive one week and he the next. The particular Friday, he was filling up the car with gas on 30 there at the shops and I asked him if we could stop at a particular store. He stuck his head in the window and said, "You are travelling with the wrong person." After that, my husband drove or we did not go with them.
Some years went by, we visited but did not go with them anywhere. She started to be a real problem, which turned out to be all timers (we use this) and we helped him put her in a home, etc. Then the police called us one night and here he was in his pjs out in the middle of a 4 land highway trying to find her. We went over and my husband spent the night with him, I came home. In a few weeks his son put him into the same home with her. They had to separate them because she got violent. She passed in two years and in a year he passed. We often think maybe there was something going on in the home that we will never find out. His son has sold the home with everything in it. We used to do crafts, craft shows, and go from Tennessee to Branson, to Maine anytime we wanted. Later on you may find something out that you will be surprised at. Maybe jealousy of some kind. I think that is what happened to us.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by TeresaA View Post
Just tell him to get in his horseless carriage and go home.

Laughed till I choked on this one!
Old 12-08-2018, 08:53 PM

Instead of punching him, I might hand quilt his eyelids to his lips through his nose.