Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
1/4 yd-----WOF >

1/4 yd-----WOF

1/4 yd-----WOF

Old 05-13-2012, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Not always. I had a cutter cut 4 out of 8 batiks SHORT at one LQS.
I think its easier for us to get wrong cuts at LQS because we can put the bolts on the counter, tell them what we want and then wonder around looking while it's being done. When you go into places like JoAnn's you stand in line with your fabric so with nothing else to do you pay a little more attention to what's being done. I've had issues with LQS in the past so they are the ones that I keep an eye on. The other way you can lose out is that some stores sell panels by the yard instead of by the panel. There is a big difference when the panel isn't a yard long. I had this pointed out to me by a person who worked in a LQS and there was another store that did that to her. Lesson learned on that one.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:50 PM

I wish they would tear fabric which would get it on the straight grain and you would get what you pay for. I know why they don't, though. They would lose a lot in the process. It really gets stretched on the bolt, doesn't it. (I sewed clothing before moving to quilting and always straightened the grain