Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
1130 Bernina Walking Foot #50 >

1130 Bernina Walking Foot #50

1130 Bernina Walking Foot #50

Old 11-21-2010, 08:57 PM

Does anyone know if a walking foot can be repaired? I need to replace the part of the walking foot with the rubber grips, but cannot get the old one out of the foot. I have a new part and would like to make the foot usable. Any suggestions from anyone? Thanks. I paid $20 for the part thinking it would be less expensive than $140 which I am told a new foot costs. Maybe that wasn't a wise move considering time, etc. to try to fix it.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Now that you have the part can you take it in and ask them to repair it, maybe??? :?: :?: :?: Jan
Old 11-22-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by sewnice
Does anyone know if a walking foot can be repaired? I need to replace the part of the walking foot with the rubber grips, but cannot get the old one out of the foot. I have a new part and would like to make the foot usable. Any suggestions from anyone? Thanks. I paid $20 for the part thinking it would be less expensive than $140 which I am told a new foot costs. Maybe that wasn't a wise move considering time, etc. to try to fix it.
I once had trouble w/ the walking foot to my Viking. I took it into my repair man (dealer and repairs for Viking) and he fixed it on the spot. Hope yours can be fixed as they are so expensive to buy new. Good luck.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:25 PM

Thanks for the encouragement but I have a feeling that this one is not that simple. It is very simple until this last thing because I am doing it myself, but it looks like the piece that needs to come out has been put in there to stay. I will check with a dealer in a few days if no one has a solution for me that I can do myself. Thanks again and happy sewing.