Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
1926 Singer Sewing Machine >

1926 Singer Sewing Machine

1926 Singer Sewing Machine

Old 05-06-2009, 01:31 PM

Henry,
You can also find on the Singer website what model your machine is and perhaps even download a free manual for it. I was able to find the free manual for my treadle machine which is a model 127 made in 1928. I have several feet and attachments that came with mine.

My DH keeps all my machines shined up with Simonize Paste Car Wax. He even uses it on some of the cabinets, they really shine and the fabric slides so easily when sewing.

Enjoy your new toy...

Old 05-06-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by tnjacke
Henry,
You can also find on the Singer website what model your machine is and perhaps even download a free manual for it. I was able to find the free manual for my treadle machine which is a model 127 made in 1928. I have several feet and attachments that came with mine.

My DH keeps all my machines shined up with Simonize Paste Car Wax. He even uses it on some of the cabinets, they really shine and the fabric slides so easily when sewing.

Enjoy your new toy...
Thanks tnjacke :)
Old 05-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

Awesome Henry!!! How wonderful to have your grandma's machine!!! I have always wanted a treadle machine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 05-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

I had to go down and drag my mom't old portable singer out of the back of a closet ... Ugh it is very heavy to be called such a thing. It is electric, but looks like yours. I checked at your link and found out that it was made january 15, 1951. There are tons of attachments still with it and the case is a rounded top wooden part that fits with the machine. there was thread still on it! LoL!

I am thinking that this is the one mom got for christmas when we were kids. The belt looks like it needs replacing, so I am not going to try it before that gets replaced for sure! I could just see it coming off and hitting me .... my luck. She still used this machine up until she died six years ago. !!!

This was fun henry .... Thanks!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Awesome Henry!!! How wonderful to have your grandma's machine!!! I have always wanted a treadle machine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I know it is awesome and I plan on taking care of it so I can pass it down to the next generation.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
I had to go down and drag my mom't old portable singer out of the back of a closet ... Ugh it is very heavy to be called such a thing. It is electric, but looks like yours. I checked at your link and found out that it was made january 15, 1951. There are tons of attachments still with it and the case is a rounded top wooden part that fits with the machine. there was thread still on it! LoL!

I am thinking that this is the one mom got for christmas when we were kids. The belt looks like it needs replacing, so I am not going to try it before that gets replaced for sure! I could just see it coming off and hitting me .... my luck. She still used this machine up until she died six years ago. !!!

This was fun henry .... Thanks!
Awesome! Do you plan on using it now?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

That is a beauty. And it works, Wow. Have you tried it out yet. What a great gift.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

Henry,

I don't know if I will use it. But, it is only right to keep it iin good repair, right? The bobbins just crack me up! Like little shuttles. I know this was one sturdy machine for all those years.

I have a twenty-some year old bernina 830 that I would go back to if I wanted to use a non-computerized machine. My second machine I ever bought. I still love that machine. A perfect stitch and all those wonderful feet that work great.

Are you going to use your grandother's all the time? The treadle is pretty cool! So earthy.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Henry,

I don't know if I will use it. But, it is only right to keep it iin good repair, right? The bobbins just crack me up! Like little shuttles. I know this was one sturdy machine for all those years.

I have a twenty-some year old bernina 830 that I would go back to if I wanted to use a non-computerized machine. My second machine I ever bought. I still love that machine. A perfect stitch and all those wonderful feet that work great.

Are you going to use your grandother's all the time? The treadle is pretty cool! So earthy.
No I am not going to use it all the time. I want to use it at least once a month for small projects just to keep it in working order.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
That is a beauty. And it works, Wow. Have you tried it out yet. What a great gift.
Going to try it on Friday night