Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2 1/2 inch and 4 inch squares >

2 1/2 inch and 4 inch squares

2 1/2 inch and 4 inch squares

Old 08-21-2017, 07:30 AM

Quiltingnewf,
I like your solution what to do with your fabrics.
If you want to make 3D bow tie blocks, all of your squares need to be the same size. Do a Google search for 3D bow tie quilt block and you'll find a lot of tutorials. I've made several 3D bow tie quilts.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/391684...7635394061329/

Sharon
Old 08-21-2017, 07:49 AM

Great minds think alike! lol Your idea sounds like a great option too.
Originally Posted by quiltingnewf View Post
Kassaundra and Gay, it is funny you picked that one. I have already done it twice. The first one I did, i didn't do the outside mitered corners. it looked to complicated. I kept it for myself. The I did a second one and tried the mitered corners... and it turned out okay for my first attempt. I gave that one to my sister. I will try to post pics of them.

What I am thinking about is... a granny square of the smaller squares. then a ring of white. then a ring of white and larger squares. I guess I am going to have to count out the peices and get out my graph paper to see what size I can make it.

Thank you for your comments on my quilt. Being my own worst critics, I made so many mistakes in that quilt, starting with not having a pattern and not using a 1/4 inch seam, so I couldn't make more 4 patches to make it bigger. blah blah oh the drama!!!! Anyways, I figured it out on my own (pat on the back) and am pleased with how it turned out.

Dee