Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • 2 More Quilts for Riley Children's Hospital >
  • 2 More Quilts for Riley Children's Hospital

• 2 More Quilts for Riley Children's Hospital

Old 07-15-2011, 06:25 AM

DH had another checkup with drs. at IU hospital and while there I dropped off two more quilts for the charity organization at Riley Children's Hospital (next door). These were just lap size quilts made from scraps and whatever I could find in my stash. But you would have thought they were made from $15/yd fabrics and quilted on a LA by a pro (so not the case with mine...lol). They oohhed and aaahhed over them and said many thank-yous. I can't explain in words how good it made me feel inside - I left with tears running down my cheeks. I would like to be able to give them quilts every time I am there, but am gonna have to do some major searching for cheap fabrics as my stash is virtually gone. I suppose this is a good thing as it is an excuse to buy new stuff...lol....but the budget is a bit tight these days.
    Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 AM

Go on FreeCycle and tell them all this. You just might be surprised at what is out there with your name on it.
    I'd suggest that should anyone offer you fabrics, offer to meet them somewhere, preferably at a fast food place. When giving and getting things on FreeCycle, I"ve found that the fast food places were very good..lots of people around, good parking and everyone knows where they are.
    Old 07-15-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Go on FreeCycle and tell them all this. You just might be surprised at what is out there with your name on it.
    I'd suggest that should anyone offer you fabrics, offer to meet them somewhere, preferably at a fast food place. When giving and getting things on FreeCycle, I"ve found that the fast food places were very good..lots of people around, good parking and everyone knows where they are.
    Great suggestion for such a worthy cause...I bet some person near you is wondering what to do with a stash they no longer need or want.
    Old 07-15-2011, 07:05 AM
    Banned

I know exactly how you feel. I could make quilts for kids in need all day long, if someone would wave a magic wand and supply both enough supplies and time!
    Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 AM

Check with the hospital's pastoral program, they may have a quilting program already in place (complete with donated supplies that you can use to make quilts).