Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2011 What sewing/quilting projects do you have planned for 2011? Also now is the time to start making your Christmas Gifts for 2011! >

2011 What sewing/quilting projects do you have planned for 2011? Also now is the time to start making your Christmas Gifts for 2011!

2011 What sewing/quilting projects do you have planned for 2011? Also now is the time to start making your Christmas Gifts for 2011!

Old 01-02-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by lorraine43
I'm making a puppy theme quilt with minkee backing for a little girl across the street. She has autism and I thought the soft feel of the minkee would be calming to her.
That is probably one of the most beautiful things I will read in the new year, may God bless both of you.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by BettyGee
Originally Posted by kwendt
Great ideas... Okay, here's my 'Top 10' list:

5. Start on my Ladies of the Sea Applique Quilt (like in December...) Can I say, hum...it's just a little intimidating for a newbie's first Applique quilt?!
That is the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen! May I ask where you got the pattern?
Hi... I first saw the quilt pattern about 4 years ago in a QNewsletter and remembered it for it's beauty and sea theme. When I decided to go ahead and get it... I found a full kit of it from Stitchin Heaven Quilt shop out of Texas. I got the fabrics (except backing), the patterns and the thread kit for it. Paid a POODLE for it... yikes. It is seriously... not for the newbie to quilting. So I know that I really need to seriously get some quilting time in this year... sos I can learn enough to tackle it and not get frustrated beyond what I can bear.

I just did a search, and you can find just the patterns on several online sites, even Amazon. Get ready for a hefty price tag though... it's $80 to $90 JUST for the patterns. Check out Quakertown Quilts, who distribute all Sue Garmin's patterns. (She has several!): http://www.quakertownquilts.com/popu...te-set-po.html

Also... I've recently found a GROUP on Facebook that is Ladies Of The Sea/Sue Garmin FAN PAGE!!! lol Imagine!

Hope you get enthused about it. Let me know if you ever decide to do it...
Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 PM

I found the source of the pattern for Ladies of the Sea, pricey but that has to be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I can work on it slowly and hopefully come just a little close to kwendt's work. Well a girl can dream can't she?
No No! I haven't made it yet! That pic is the actual quilt from Sue.... lol. Heavens! I don't even know how to applique yet!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
I am so planning on making Christmas gifts for 2011 starting in January.
4. Crockpot crozies
9. Lap quilts for the nursing home.
Gee I think I lost my cotton picking mind, where am I going to find time to do any of these, but I can do what I can do.
Hey deedum... you haven't lost your mind .... yet! I have two questions... 1. Where do/did you find a pattern/idea for the crockpot cozies? Can you post the url? 2. In general, what size, shape, type of quilt do you do for the nursing homes? That's a lovely idea... and since I need to practice stitching and quilting... it's a great idea for me to work on such things before tackleing any of my big quilts... Thanks for the info!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
I found the source of the pattern for Ladies of the Sea, pricey but that has to be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I can work on it slowly and hopefully come just a little close to kwendt's work. Well a girl can dream can't she?
No No! I haven't made it yet! That pic is the actual quilt from Sue.... lol. Heavens! I don't even know how to applique yet!
Well then we will have to check in with each other from time to time during the year to see how we are doing. I want to make it so badly, but I also have so many other things I want to make; plus Sulabugs' BOM and then Crafty Bear keeps finding all these great projects. I also just purchased the pattern to make a Professional Tote for my SIL who is attached to her laptop; have had the fabric for it for over a year and now I have the pattern. Well I'll just have to cut back on bar hopping, going to the spa and Botox injections and I'll probably have to sell the Porsche and let the pool boy go - oh, the sacrifices.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:41 PM

Well then we will have to check in with each other from time to time during the year to see how we are doing. I want to make it so badly, but I also have so many other things I want to make; plus Sulabugs' BOM and then Crafty Bear keeps finding all these great projects. I also just purchased the pattern to make a Professional Tote for my SIL who is attached to her laptop; have had the fabric for it for over a year and now I have the pattern. Well I'll just have to cut back on bar hopping, going to the spa and Botox injections and I'll probably have to sell the Porsche and let the pool boy go - oh, the sacrifices.
OMGOSH! So funny... gosh, the pool boy and Botox are such necessities of life, too!!! I just finished a lunch tote and am very happy with it!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by Shari1967

2) fix and finish butterfly quilt (UFO Cheese & Crackers pattern)
Shari..is that Cheese & Crackers one the one we started in Hawaii?
I told you...pick a day and we can do paper piecing. If I can do it, ANYONE can!
Yes - the one we started in Hawaii. I've got a row that just isn't going on and I've taken it out, measured, resewn......I cannot find my problem. Hoping a fresh set of eyes (YOURS!) will help!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:18 PM

I already have one item on the list ready to go. Finished quilting one of the little baby quilts I need done. That'll be ready for presentation next week. Woo Hoo, still January and I got something done~!~
Old 01-05-2011, 06:19 PM

Wedding quilt for my son and soon-to-be daughter
An applique quilt for my niece for her wedding....
These will take me the year I have to make them...lol
Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 AM

My husband and "non-crafty" friends think I am crazy, but I have 5 presents ready to roll for Christmas already. My daughter is having surgery in December and I want to be prepared. I also want to complete 2 quilts for my SIL's for Christmas and am working on a sampler for a dear friend in April. If I accomplish this...All is well in the world!