Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Show This Weekend >

2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Show This Weekend

2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Show This Weekend

Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 AM

It was probably just me but I was kind of disappointed with the show. First of all the location is just horrible and the parking there cannot handle that many cars. I was very glad I got there early or I don't know what I would have done. I still don't understand why they moved it from Seattle down to Tacoma in the first place. There were quite a few quilts there but most of them were art quilts. I am not an art quilt fan even though I appreciate them for their work and those artists/quilt makers that do them they just aren't my cup of tea. I am a traditional and even a tradtional with a modern twist type of gal and there seemed to very few of these types of quilts. There were quite a few vendors there but I would say the majority of the fabric was batik which I am not a fan of either. I guess the show just reflects what is popular right now so maybe I need to wait a few more years when the trend changes again.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 PM

That has got to be a disappointment to drive down to Tacoma, deal with no-so-good parking, and then not see what you want. I have only been to a couple of small shows and enjoyed them. The Spring show in Monroe at the fairgrounds was a nice show and had a variety of quilts and vendors. Hopefully next year will be the same.