Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2021 Quilting Goals >

2021 Quilting Goals

2021 Quilting Goals

Old 12-20-2020, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by gramma nancy View Post
My goals are the same as for 2020 (and every year, it seems.) Complete more UFOs and try not to start too many more quilts.
You & me both. I say that every year & every year the ufo's just seem to multiply. I did some reorganizing this year and bought 12 x 12 clear containers to make my own quilt kits from my stash & patterns I really want to try. I also spent a lot of money on accuquilt dies so I really need to put them to use. My main issue is motivation.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:32 AM

I have one quilting goal: To enjoy it more! Being a perfectionist is not fun. I have started to stop making small corrections, that looking at the finished quilt and enjoying the whole thing instead of focusing on the tiny imperfections will make me happier. Leaving a small imperfection is a badge of honor and opens the door to more creativity.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:38 AM

Jmoore- I have found EQ8 challenging simply because I don’t spend enough time working on it. It seems to be more user friendly than EQ7 was, but I just don’t work at it often enough so I spend a lot of time relearning stuff I thought I knew.

Rob
Old 12-20-2020, 10:10 AM

My only goal for 2021 is to make a king sized quilt for our bedroom. This will be my first king sized (I’ve made a queen sized before) and I expect it take me most of the year. It will be my first paper pieced quilt. And it will also hopefully make me more proficient at FMQ.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:22 AM

My goal for 2021 is to finish my BOOM quilts from squares made by so many from this quilting board. I have a long way to go! They haven't made it to the flimsy stage, yet.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:36 PM

My main quilting goal for 2021 is to finish some of the (many!) UFO's that are accumulating. I'm really hoping to make a dent in things.

My main goal for 2020 was to clean and organize my sewing room. While I could continue this indefinitely, things look and function much better.
Old 12-21-2020, 03:43 AM

Thank you Rob, Teen and quiltingshorttimer for your responses regarding EQ8 concerns. I’ll keep it on my wish list...

Amethyst, what a big undertaking with a king size goal...especially a paper piecing project. I look forward to seeing your work along the way.

SallyS, I have had to realize similar OCD traits. LOL I hope you find more joy in your hobby in 2021
Old 12-21-2020, 05:49 AM

My goal is to practice my FMQ. I'd say I'm now an advanced beginner, but in 2021 I want to do more deliberate practice of both stencils and freehand techniques.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:26 AM

My goal is to clean and organize my sewing room. I need to donate fabric and books I haven't used.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

I took a cue from Watson and checked the 2020 Goal thread that was started this time last year by tallchick. What are you quilting goals for 2020? Yup some of them were accomplished, but what a detour many of us had. Who would've thought that mask making would be a way to reduce stash?
These were my 2020 goals and kind of a repeat for next year!
1. Finish a quilt and not let it go to UFO land. I started 6 and finished 3 of them. One is I consider a WIP. Started some mini's that I plan to finish soon.

2. Continue to work on the UFO quilts. Our guild offered a challenge this fall for the coming year and this has been a great incentive for me. (I'm also on the UFO challenge thread on the QB.) I finished 12 UFO's this year...all of them full to queen size. A great feeling as I look forward to finishing more! In my head counting up the flimsies and some of the WIP's that I plan to finish.

3. Use as much fabric from my stash to make quilts and only buy what is needed to finish a quilt. Most of what I bought this year was for intended projects...definitely more fabric out than fabric in. One piece was because it is perfect for my sister and a new 2021 quilt will be one for her.

4. Make #2 Grand's graduation quilt. He doesn't graduate until 2021, but I want to be ahead of the game when in comes to making graduation quilts. #1's quilt is done for this spring, but #3 and#4 are in 2022. This didn't happen. I'm still waiting for the T shirts. We haven't gotten together June and with recent Covid spikes it might be a while. Graduation reception has now been rescheduled in July, so I will have some time once I get the shirts. Need to check on what the 2 Juniors want for 2022 quilts.

5. Make donation quilts (small and mini) for Grand's grade school, local hospital, and fall church fundraiser. That didn't happen but got others done instead.

6. Continue to work on FMQ skills on the LA. I'm now using pantographs and enjoy it. Every time I use the LA, I learn something new...maybe ruler work will be a new goal in the upcoming year.

Thanks for starting this thread again, tall chick!