Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2021 Quilting Goals (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2021-quilting-goals-t313519.html)

tallchick 12-18-2020 03:07 AM

2021 Quilting Goals

What are your Quilty goals for 2021? Are you carrying any others over from 2020? What are your ongoing never ending goals?

Old Goals:

1: Work more with EQ8
2: Back a quilt with Minky
3: Make a paper pieced quilt.

New Goals:

1: Become more proficient with Auto Pilot.
2: Learn a new technique.
3: Use more scraps.
4: Spend more time learning about color.
5: Spend more time quilting.

Never Ending Goals:

1: Organization
2: Winning the lottery.

This year I only managed to make one new quilt and finish my Frolic; an all time low for me, what a chaotic year it has been.
I cant wait to hear and see what your goals are!

rvsfan 12-18-2020 03:23 AM

2021 Quilting Goals

Originally Posted by tallchick (Post 8443918)
What are your Quilty goals for 2021? Are you carrying any others over from 2020? What are your ongoing never ending goals?

Old Goals:

1: Work more with EQ8
2: Back a quilt with Minky
3: Make a paper pieced quilt.

New Goals:

1: Become more proficient with Auto Pilot.
2: Learn a new technique.
3: Use more scraps.
4: Spend more time learning about color.
5: Spend more time quilting.

Never Ending Goals:

1: Organization
2: Winning the lottery.

This year I only managed to make one new quilt and finish my Frolic; an all time low for me, what a chaotic year it has been.
I cant wait to hear and see what your goals are!

What is Auto Pilot? A quilting thing?

jmoore 12-18-2020 03:38 AM

I agree Tallchick, not only has it been a chaotic year but difficult to focus at times...

2020 leftovers: quilt Frolic and design an airplane appliqué quilt for grandson who is now a year old already.

goals for 2021: make a king size quilt for our newly painted master bedroom where we just pulled carpet and put in hardwood floors. I usually take a class each year to challenge my skills so I am enroll in a virtual class for QuiltCon this coming spring.
I would like to do a few more charity quilts this year as well.

good luck on your list Tallchick...it appears to be reasonable to undertake.

rryder 12-18-2020 05:01 AM

Quilting goals for 2021:

1. finish 12 UFOs (I started out this year with 33 and am down to 20 Yay!)
2. Try really really hard not to make more UFOs https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images...es/biggrin.png
3. continue updating my quilt records
4. start and finish 1 new art quilt based on one of my doodle drawings
5. learn to use EQ8 (this one is left over from last year)

Rob

Cattitude 12-18-2020 05:10 AM

My goals include:

-catching up on quilting my very large pile of completed tops and other ufos
-completing modifications to sewing room to better utilize space

From a discipline stand point I am attempting to stay on a schedule where once I quilt three existing tops and one ufo (to get it to completed top stage) I will allow myself to start a new project, if I am so inclined. That way my ‘to be quilted pile’ will get smaller over time.

I was able to substantially reduce my stash this year and hope to keep that up for 2021.

good luck to everyone with your 2021 goals!

QuiltBaer 12-18-2020 06:00 AM

I retired in 2018. In 2019, I made 30 quilts that were given to shut-ins. In 2020, my quilt guild made quilts for children.
2021 is MY year! I have so many UFO's that need finishing. And there is a mystery quilt I would like to do that starts
in January.

Railroadersbrat 12-18-2020 06:05 AM

Finish up my sister and niece's quilts, that's number one.

Number two would be to start other quilts for my family and hopefully, get one going for my best friend.

As for techniques I want to learn, I'd like to do better with my bindings. Sometimes they hold perfectly, other times, not so much. I need to slow down when it comes to that part of my quilting.

tallchick 12-18-2020 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by rvsfan (Post 8443921)
What is Auto Pilot? A quilting thing?

Auto Pilot is the robotic software for my Innova longarm; I sold my HQ Fusion, so the Innova is its replacement so I have to learn a different system. Its so good to see you post, its been a while!

Stitches23 12-18-2020 06:09 AM

My goals for 2021 are to use some more of my stash, only buy fabric as needed to complete a project, and finish 4 quilts that are near completion (need borders and backings).

juliasb 12-18-2020 06:15 AM

I made a large number of tops in 2020 being isolated. So for 2021 the plan is to finish all of them and be loaded with a stack of new quilts.