Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2024 Quilting Goals >

2024 Quilting Goals

2024 Quilting Goals

Old 12-20-2023, 05:32 AM

Today all I can say is ..... I want to do a good wander through the sewing room and collect the UFOs and schedule them out monthly. I am pretty good at being calendar driven. I am tired of always playing catch up on some quilt for someone. I want to make more of what "I want" just as several others have mentioned.

1. Finish one UFO per month. (Many fewer than last year this time!)
2. Get 6000, 2.5" squares out of my sewing room and into quilts for PL (Yup, I do keep count just for the fun of it. About the same as for 2023.)
3. Use some of the beautifully weird fabric I was given two years ago that I am afraid to cut.

Anything else is just icing on the cake!
Old 12-20-2023, 06:00 AM

top of my wish list is to move everything from South Dakota to Georgia - and after that I expect my top goal will be to set up a sewing area. Things still have not been decided if we'll be staying with DS, or finding our own place.

In the mean time, I want to continue finishing up UFO's. I want to complete as many as possible before moving.
Old 12-20-2023, 10:55 AM

I've decided not to set any goals for 2024. It drives me crazy that I can't complete the ones I have now. I shall just let it happen on it's own time and enjoy the process.
Old 12-20-2023, 11:44 AM

Write down my UFO's, start working on the one's with the least amount to do first. In other words, Get-R-Done.
Old 12-20-2023, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

My goal is to have a new job. I am going to get up get dressed and go to work in my sewing room. I am employing myself. I got up and went to work for decades so why not go to a job I love with all the benefits I want.
Old 12-20-2023, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Move some fabric out.

I have come to realize that acquiring fabric was more fun than actually using it.

So very true! And now that I'm teaching my 21 year oLd AutistIc Grandson how to use the long arm, it's even more fun!

But to be honest, I only sew to have an excuse to buy fabric.
Old 12-20-2023, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

One of my first projects for the new year is to make the Seed Packet quilt . I bought the kit from MSQC when it was the kit sale day.
total: $147.67
It will be for me. Simple and pretty.
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/prod...k&_ss=e&_v=1.0
Old 12-21-2023, 04:50 AM

I made a small I Spy quilt for my sister's friend's grandson. I really enjoyed making it. It's been several years since I made one (although I have lots of I Spy charms). In 2024, I'm going to make more I Spy quilts just for the fun of making them.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 12-21-2023 at 04:52 AM.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lena1952 View Post
I acquired a sit down longarm, no bells or whistles, but my goal for 2024 is to become more proficient in using it. Ten minutes a day sounds doable. Was there a plan or design you used. Or did you just wing it and do whatever you felt like that day?
Lena, I've played around mostly doing meandering. What I'm finding is that I'm building muscle memory and am just more relaxed about the whole thing now. I'm so grateful for her advice!
Old 12-21-2023, 02:35 PM

First, I want to make 3 Quilts Of Valor for DH and 2 of his brothers. Have started gathering my fabrics. Next, get my Pro-Stitcher Designer operational, take a class and start using it. Going to the shop I bought my long arm from next week and they're going to help me. And continue to use up my stash of quilt kits - some bought and some I made up.