Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
23 month old wants me to sew... >

23 month old wants me to sew...

23 month old wants me to sew...

Old 06-26-2010, 03:07 AM
Gal

Great story, reminds me of the 'Num Num' blanket my sister had, she went mad when my Mother washed it one day, and stood crying under the clothes line sucking her thumb and holding onto the corner of the wet blanket!! After that we cut it in half so she could have one, while one was in the wash! She was none the wiser!!

Gal
Old 06-26-2010, 03:19 AM

Thanks for sharing the story. I know the situation. My children have quilts that are waiting for them, put away with the promise to keep them safe until college is done. (Both are in college.) For college, I made them each a 'hug', lap size quilt in their favorite colors, so they could still have something to remind them of the love of the family. We decided together it was better than the guff they might get about a baby blanket in a college dorm! :lol:
Old 06-26-2010, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Oh yes, a Lovey, I know all too well about those! :) My 5 year old has a red fleece blanket (no idea why he got attached to it), 3 1/2 year old has a bunny (bunny head, small blanket body) and my 20 month old has a duck (duck head, small blanket body). I think at this point all three lovies have become attached to each child because they are never without them. I know someday all three items will be in my cedar chest as a tangible memory to these years.

Just out of curiousity, why are the parents trying to get him to "trade" his blankie?
lol... all my girls have always called all blankets and quilts i make them "Lovey Covers"
not sure exactly why... maybe because i told them i made the covers for them because i "lovey" them so much lol, guess it stuck
Old 06-26-2010, 03:34 AM

Too precious! If he can carry a tune, you may just have the next 'Ricky Tims' on your hands!

The past 6mos or so my gd gets too upset to be in my sewing room and since I don't want to turn her off to sewing for the rest of her life, I don't push it. I'm pretty sure the reason she isn't all that happy is because she doesn't get 100% of my attention (can we say spoiled lol) and then there's that noisy ole bobbin winder - the darn thing really seems to bother her terribly... that and vacuums, blow dryers, lawn mowers, bla, bla, bla lol

When I do get her to sit down there she has her rotary cutter (no blade of course), toy sissors & iron, plus all the fat quarters she can toss around lol

I can't wait til she's old enough to really sew. I best start look'n for a use sew'n machine that can be operated at a the touch of a button (because of her SB she can't use a foot pedal or a knee bar).
Old 06-26-2010, 03:36 AM

Sweet story! I agree about him wanting to learn how to turn the machine on and make it "go" -- you may have to keep an eye on him in the future.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:07 AM

So cute. That is a great story thanks for sharing"
Old 06-26-2010, 04:29 AM

What an adorable story......he sounds absolutely prescious.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:55 AM

A little child shall lead them. How true this is.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:18 AM

What a cute story and CONGRATS to getting him to use another blankie... I have my one and only grandchild, Logan, here today and since he was a baby he was intrigued by my sewing machine and he loves feeling all the fabric... I hope he enjoys all my quilts I make him when he is older, too...
Old 06-26-2010, 08:30 AM

My Logan makes sure the light is on anytime he has a chance near my machine! I can always tell when he's been there. Hope Granpa is making sure he doesn't try to sew!!!