Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 3 quilts 3 yards

Red face 3 quilts 3 yards

Looking for the pattern or the name of the pattern to make 3 baby quilts from 3 yards of fabric.

There is one that I use called Super-Sized Nine Patch by Anita Grossman Solomon. The pattern was printed in the May/June '06 issue of Quiltmaker. A great pattern to do. Uses 1 yard of 3 different fabrics for the tops, and need 3 yards for backings as well.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Thank you

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    It's available free here. A little demo.

https://www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/11...quilt-pattern/
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
    Edmund Burke

I do little quick turn (also called birthing method) baby blankets but those are two yards each (one for the front and one for the back, you get two yards of cute stuff, put batting in if you want, stitch around the edges of the sandwich leaving opening large enough for your hand, quick turn, stitch opening closed, quilt if you want, topstitch around edges, gift.) I made 10 for a friend years ago and she wore them out, used them everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    There is one that I use called Super-Sized Nine Patch by Anita Grossman Solomon. The pattern was printed in the May/June '06 issue of Quiltmaker. A great pattern to do. Uses 1 yard of 3 different fabrics for the tops, and need 3 yards for backings as well.
    Seems to me that would make a very big baby quilt. Perhaps one the baby could grow into.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elnan View Post
    Seems to me that would make a very big baby quilt. Perhaps one the baby could grow into.
    it makes 3 baby quilts.

Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    It seems the Quilting Company may have changed the link for that pattern. Try this one.

https://www.quiltingcompany.com/wp-c...df/patt230.pdf
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

Thanks!
    Anita
    Anita Grossman Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
    It seems the Quilting Company may have changed the link for that pattern. Try this one.

This is the one I had in my notebook. Sew on my lady!

Thanks for the link, Krisb. I was searching with no success until I noticed your update on the link. QB rocks!!!

I made a big baby quilt once. The mother told me she didn't know what to do with it at first. She found it great to put over his carrier out of doors. As he grew it tucked him into his crib and when he was in third grade he was using it as a lap robe on cold mornings in the car. Thankfully I hadn't used real baby fabric but children sledding and other play type prints. They are pretty handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisb View Post

thanks so much for the update....went to the site several times and couldn't find it. Really like this one.