Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 4th july sewing day for me, what about you?

after I medicate the poor dog...I will be alternating between holding her and trying to sew...inbetween the idiots blowing off fireworks all day and night. I may need meds for me, by the time that the holiday is over.
    The idiots that think it is fun to blow up M-80's have got my poor dog a shaking mess. She doesn't even want to go outside to do her business in the evening...
    I hope that once she is full of meds that she will take a bit of a nap and I can work on some sewing....
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Spending the day with my hubby and finishing a wall hanging... God bless America.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    a day of sewing for me as DH sleeps during the day. So I will catch up on some unfinished sewing that I have cut the patterns out and make them for the DGD. My dog will love it as the sewing room opens to the backyard and she can come and go as she pleases! lol
    The Monsoon rains are supposed to start so that will help the wildfires in Colorado, not to mention my lawn, garden and flowers !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I plan on quilting unless my son or daughter come home. With the holiday being in the middle of the week it is hard for the kids to get home. I'm retired and could go somewhere but it is going to be hot here in northern MN.

I will be working and on call. I am a Home Health/Hospice RN. But I have been able to sew yesterday and will today some and probably on the weekend. life is good. :>)
    This too shall pass.
    Janie

Anywhere there is no fireworks! Such a big difference between 20's and 60's!

We are going to Son's tonight, 7/3, for BBQ & fireworks. So tomorrow should be quiet. After chores are done I hope to sew and/or keep going through the Iowa stash. I just about have it done.

I'll be spending time early in day with daughter and hubby. Hubby will leave for work around 3 p.m. so I will have time to tinker in my sewing room after that!
    Blessings to all for a great 4th!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I will be spending the day with friends sewing/quilting. Any extra day off work means more time with the sewing machine!

Dix
    Blog Entries
    I will be at my daughter's lake house. But, while the other crazy people are in the boat, I will be playing with darling great grand daughter 5 weeks old. I am retired so I sew all day anytime I want to. And, dh does the cooking most of the time!

If I get up early enough I need to get rid of some weeds in my garden. It has been so hot here I couldn't care less about the weeds and have neglected my veg garden. Then after some housework, I will finish my DH's quilt and start on a baby quilt. Have a great holiday everyone!
    Pam Riggs

We stay home on the hoidays. No traffic, no too hot sun, no noisy firecrackers. Just a nice air conditioned sewing room and hubby in his man room. Best kind of holiday for us.

I'm working!

Blog Entries
    I'll be sewing that day too. Don't feel selfish for wanting to do something for yourself. That's how we get so stressed out because we feel guilty for wanting to have "me" time. You work hard and take good care of your family so enjoy your sewing day.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

I am retired but my machine has been in the shop, just got it back so I will be sewing on the 4th. Can't believe how much I missed it and only for 3 days. I have 2 and both went out. One is back the other on its way to the factory for a replacement part.

I wish I could spend the day sewing. I'm ready to start quilting the cutest baby quilt! But I've been putting off painting my sewing room, so I finally started today and it will take me two more days. I'm very slow. Then I'm going to organize everything before I put it back in the room. I've put alot of thought into how to set up the room, but still undecided. I'd rather be sewing!!

I have some projects I'd like to do (sewing-wise, that is) but DH fell off a ladder in the garage on the 16th and shattered his left ankle. He's had 2 surgeries in the last 2 weeks and he requires a lot of care right now, so that's what I'll be doing My sewing projects will be there waiting for me when I'm able to get back in my sewing room. Happy 4th everyone
    Colleen

I guess I will be taking the other half of the wallpaper down from the dining room.

Yes I live 1 mile from the beach but is going to be hot and crazy and maybe even rain (we could use some we are under water restrictions because of a water main break)

Maybe I could even get into the sewing room to keep cleaning since my replacement foor pedal has not comein yet.

Quote Originally Posted by retired2pa View Post
    I have some projects I'd like to do (sewing-wise, that is) but DH fell off a ladder in the garage on the 16th and shattered his left ankle. He's had 2 surgeries in the last 2 weeks and he requires a lot of care right now, so that's what I'll be doing My sewing projects will be there waiting for me when I'm able to get back in my sewing room. Happy 4th everyone
    Hope he is feeling better soon.

No one will be home but me and the Pit Bull. So, I will try to get some yard work done in the morning when it is cool. Hopefully, I will not be too exhausted or sweaty to get some sewing done.. Right now it is in the afternoon and I am just vegging out.
    Happy sewing and quilting,

Janet

Blog Entries
    I'm having a few friends over, getting ready for the new pastor to spend a week with us AND THEN on Thursday drive to Fredericksburg TX for my daughter's wedding on Saturday. I'm sewing tonight. Finishing 2 baby quilts for a friend who just had twins they are stationed in Okniwa.
    Quilting in the Desert

Quote Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
    I will definitely be sewing all day. It is too hot here to go out. I'll be starting a Civil War quilt as I am finishing a quilt today or tomorrow.
    Oh, please tell us all about your new Civil War quilt (y'know me... a Civil Wat repro lover & nosy to boot... LOL!)!

I hope to get to sew at least a little. DH is off tomorrow (I didn't mean that the way he sounded... LOL! Tho you're probably thinking he'd have to be *off* to be married to me!) & my step-daughter is here. She wants to spend some "chick time" together so I dunno if my sewing will get done or not. But... y'know what they say... live in hope!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by JanetLovesSewing View Post
    No one will be home but me and the Pit Bull. So, I will try to get some yard work done in the morning when it is cool. Hopefully, I will not be too exhausted or sweaty to get some sewing done.. Right now it is in the afternoon and I am just vegging out.
    It's just too dang hot to do anything, isn't it? Even the dog is blah in this weather. How about yours? Our A/C chose yesterday to go belly up but today it's fixed & it's finally starting to cool down here.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
    I'll be sewing that day too. Don't feel selfish for wanting to do something for yourself. That's how we get so stressed out because we feel guilty for wanting to have "me" time. You work hard and take good care of your family so enjoy your sewing day.
    One time I heard somebody talking about "How can you give people water from your well if you've run dry?" & that makes perfect sense to me. If I'm not good for me, how can I be worth a hoot for anyone else? We all deserve some (or lots for that matter... LOL!) "me time".
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Banned
    I'll be working on my first Quilt of Valor. I think that's appropriate for the day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast