Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 4th july sewing day for me, what about you?

I have to work that day but it would be nice to be sewing instead.I get time in half and get pad for the holiday money is good for more fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    Oh, please tell us all about your new Civil War quilt (y'know me... a Civil Wat repro lover & nosy to boot... LOL!)!

I hope to get to sew at least a little. DH is off tomorrow (I didn't mean that the way he sounded... LOL! Tho you're probably thinking he'd have to be *off* to be married to me!) & my step-daughter is here. She wants to spend some "chick time" together so I dunno if my sewing will get done or not. But... y'know what they say... live in hope!
    As a new quilter, I am not very creative yet. I just finished "Tavern Blues" a Civil War inspired quilt. I had so much fun making it that I signed up for Kaye England's Craftsy class, "Re-Piecing the Past, Civil War Blocks Now and Then". I made the first two blocks this afternoon. I hope to make at least half of the remaining blocks tomorrow. I love the fabric and the designs of the blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by mommasewslove View Post
    Hi everyone, I dont know if I am selfish or what but I feel like sewing on that day. I work 6 days a week, take care of our retail business and deal with 2 teenage children and housework, cooking and no time for me. I guess I'll make it my day, maybe just a little. DiD I say that I live 2 blocks from the beach, Myrtle Beach that it. Its gonna be soooo Hot and crowed. I dont dare go there. A peaceful place like Hunnington state park calls me. Its so nice there. Like to hear what y'all are doing in your sewing on that day. Blessings.
    You deserve to have a day to do just what you want to do. Go for it! I am planning to spend the day in my sewing studio. DD and her family are taking a mini-vacation, leaving Thursday a.m., before dropping DGS off at camp. DS and his family always get together with friends on the 4th for a BBQ and fireworks. We don't do the firecracker scene, so we will stay home in the AC and enjoy some time to ourselves. This is one holiday when we don't have a big family get-together. I spent all day today doing laundry and cleaning house, so TOMORROW IS MINE! LOL. I'm looking forward to some serious quilting time.

Blog Entries
    I'm hosting the 4th with a cookout where we will eat in the house because of the heat. (It was 100 today.) A group of old friends from elementary and high school (we graduated 35 years ago) will join us. All of our children will drop in to eat and out since they will hang with their own friends later in the day. I got to sew some today after cleaning house and preparing what I can for tomorrow. I'll be up sewing tonight at least until 1:00 or 2:00 am.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    Hope you are able to fulfill your wish-I sew everyday-it's the menopause gift of insomnia that gives you daily time to sew while the rest of the world sleeps

I don't think it's selfish to take a little time for yourself. I'm hoping to do some work on my DH quilt. Happy 4th everyone. Sue

Yes, I'll be sewing. Our weather report says 100 degrees with monsoon thunder showers here in the desert, our very worst weather! Give me 118-120 dry degrees any day.

I'll be working from 7a til 4p hopefully nobody calls off

We have a ban on fireworks in our county because of all the fires in our area. Praise God! Never did like those noisemakers! I'm planning on sewing up some odds and ends, and maybe catching up on some computer time. The day is mine as most is every day since I'm retired. Wishing you all a safe and fun-filled holiday!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
    after I medicate the poor dog...I will be alternating between holding her and trying to sew...inbetween the idiots blowing off fireworks all day and night. I may need meds for me, by the time that the holiday is over.
    The idiots that think it is fun to blow up M-80's have got my poor dog a shaking mess. She doesn't even want to go outside to do her business in the evening...
    I hope that once she is full of meds that she will take a bit of a nap and I can work on some sewing....
    My previous doxie (RIP Heidi) would come to me as soon as anything made a loud sound. Her hearing was ok - just scared of loud noises. I would just hold her tight to calm her down and she'd be ok after a little while. I just let her be with me until she felt better. Never thought to get meds for her. My new doxie isn't affected by noises which I'm glad for him. I hated seeing her like that. Yah, the idiots in our neighborhood think it's funny too and with their kids right there.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

Blog Entries
    We'll be staying home and watching fireworks from our sun room. Lots of fireworks from neighbors because it's a safe on the beach to do so. Grand daughters coming over. One has 2 great grand kids
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
    after I medicate the poor dog...I will be alternating between holding her and trying to sew...inbetween the idiots blowing off fireworks all day and night. I may need meds for me, by the time that the holiday is over.
    The idiots that think it is fun to blow up M-80's have got my poor dog a shaking mess. She doesn't even want to go outside to do her business in the evening...
    I hope that once she is full of meds that she will take a bit of a nap and I can work on some sewing....
    Poor dog. My cat used to love fireworks. She'd go from window to window until she found the one with the best view and then she'd sit in the window and watch fireworks all night. She's gone almost totally blind now though.

My plans changed yesterday when my friend called and said "we're having a bbq!" So we'll head out for their house later this afternoon. They have an excellent view of the whole town from their back deck so we'll see lots of fireworks.

I just heard my DH get up. I've been trying to be quiet this morning so he could sleep late, now I can sew until late tonight.
    Elizabeth

Since my birthday is July 4th, I've always loved fireworks but don't enjoy fighting the crowds any more. So many communities are finding fireworks displays cost prohibitive so in my area, I'd have to travel quite a distance to see them...sooo, I'll just watch them on TV tonight....and I'm sure I'll find time to do some sewing today as well!

The 4th is almost over now. But we have stayed in the A/C too. We live is a community where almost all of us are over 60 and fireworks are not intriguing to us anymore. I haven't sewn any today, but I missed a good opportunity. Just too lazy :>) I've enjoyed reading what you gals had planned.
    jean

I almost finished quilting a quilt for my grandson on our longarm today. He's 12 and works outside on the farm with his dad a lot. It has a John Deere tractor panel in the center. We found a realistic digitized tractor as the Intelliquilter pattern. Then we took pity on our half poodle half Havenese house dog and gave her a haircut. She's been needing one and I am tired of hearing her pant.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I started cutting out the blades for my dresden plate. It's going to be scrappy blue plates on white. Our entire state is under a burn ban, it's so dry. We keep having fires from stupid stuff, spark from a lawn mower. We live in the country, I was relly worried someone would try setting off fire works anyway. I have not heard a single pop. I am so relieved.

Good night everyone, happy 4th of July.
    I am so happy and proud to be living in our great country!!
    Suze

I cut out the fabric to piece a quilt for my DgD.....All the alternating 9 patches are assembled and I began to put the top together..Would have been done tonight, but my DD needed help with a summer class she is taking on line to help her dual enroll in college for her senior year..Guess that took priority!! All in all a productive day considering it was a holiday!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4