Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
!5 minutes a day challenge >

!5 minutes a day challenge

!5 minutes a day challenge

Old 12-06-2010, 08:46 AM

OK, I started committed. Spent the first couple of days working on sewing room so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed by the chaos!

Friday, I got my purse handle pieced, batting and interfacing fused in and sewed three rows of stitching.

Saturday, well, here's how my day went. 8:00 a.m. Weight Watchers with DH to learn about the changes to the program. Got another 5 lb sticker as I have now lost 96.2 pounds total! Then we went to breakfast at IHOP. (We always treat ourselves after weight watchers.) I got egg substitute, ate 1 strip of bacon, and both pancakes with sugar free syrup. All in all, not too bad on the points. From there we went home for 1 hour then back out to drop hubby off at church for a meeting and then off to run errands. I wanted to get some ribbon at Hobby Lobby and then go to JoAnns the hardware store, target and then back to pick up hubby.

Well, does spending almost 2 hours at Hobby Lobby count s sewing time???? All their fall and holiday fabric is 50% off! I bought enough to make 4 bags including a rather realistic-looking faux animal print. Then I went to Lowes and bought some white pegboard to put up in my sewing room so I can get 'more' organized. Never made it to any of my other stops and was 15 minutes late picking up hubby! Then wound up meeting with our pstor for about 30 minutes while I was there.

Sunday was filled with conducting the choir, breakfast with church friends, then taking DH to the grocery store (BIG MISTAKE). We didn't get home until 2 p.m. At 3:30 had to return to church for a leadership meeting, then met with music dept, finally home at 6 p.m. and my neck from the accident was really hurting so popped a muscle relaxer and no sewing again last night. but I DID organize some more of my tutorials and then sat with laptop and my Quilting Board friends until I was about ready to fall asleep with keys on the computer ... then remembered I had clothes in the washer. By the time I finished drying and hanging those it was midnight. Since my day starts ast 5:45 a.m. ... I went to bed!

Will try and do better tonight.

Peggy in COLD Jacksonville, FL
Old 12-06-2010, 08:59 AM

Well I got to a slow start but about to venture into Focusing on Fifteen. Went to my cart, picked out some nice florals, made my diet A&W (usually coffee but have a craving for the soda instead). Dogs let out to potty, back in now and I'm off to see what I can do! Probably stay at the macine until Days Of Our Lives comes on...Sorry, I'm addicted!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Does browsing the quilting board count? LOL
hahaha.. If so Im waaaaaaay over my 15 min a day goal!
I'd love to see the statistics of how much time I spend on quilting sites! My best guess would be a couple of hours per day. Even though I'm not a frequent poster I do a LOT of reading!
Me too!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:07 AM

Yesterday and today I've simply spent my (way over) 15 minutes mindlessly sewing together 4-patches. I have no idea what I'm going to use them on, but I'm using up some of my scraps. Now I want to go cut more squares :) . However I'm going to force myself to change gears and work on an apron I have had cut out forever. Back to the 4-patches tomorrow. Or maybe I'll get smart and actually pull out one of my UFOs and work on that instead.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:16 AM

The 15 minute a day challenge is about using that time to CREATE and ponder quilts/quilting apart from the time on this Board.
The Board time does not count (If I am wrong, speak now, or forever hold your peace! <g>) ...
If you spend 15 minutes picking out the fabric for your next quilt (or more) that counts!
The point is: spend 15 minutes a day FOCUSED on working on the quilting project - - some phase, even if it is lining up the next project. <wave>
Old 12-06-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Kathcart
Yesterday and today I've simply spent my (way over) 15 minutes mindlessly sewing together 4-patches. I have no idea what I'm going to use them on, but I'm using up some of my scraps. Now I want to go cut more squares :) . However I'm going to force myself to change gears and work on an apron I have had cut out forever. Back to the 4-patches tomorrow. Or maybe I'll get smart and actually pull out one of my UFOs and work on that instead.
This is exactly how it works!
The idea is to get your mind focused and then your "muse" takes over ... like my dad said: Sometimes, it was one square foot a day, sometimes I got more done ... but the goal was always that one square foot a day
Good job!
And, by posting here on this thread, we will make friends on the Board - - that tends to happen when people start spending time together <wave>
Old 12-06-2010, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Does browsing the quilting board count? LOL
I hope so!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:30 PM

Well I don't know if I'm getting off to a disastrous start or what. I've only been able to sew 1 day since I committed but I also sewed a good 4-5 hours. Seems like something is always getting in the way!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:44 PM

Just keep your eye on the goal <wave>
Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 AM

Yesterday, I sat down at 2PM, after Days of Our Lives...Finished up on some blocks, cut and started on some new and even worked on a UFO and wound up staying at the work table for 6 hours! I don't have as much to do as a lot of you so I feed the dogs and grab a sandwich and I'm refuled to go another round. About to start again, to cold to go out and do anything else!