Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
5D Quilt Design Creator - Error message >

5D Quilt Design Creator - Error message

5D Quilt Design Creator - Error message

Old 08-16-2016, 06:49 PM

Question 5D Quilt Design Creator - Error message

I'm new to this site and to long arming in general. The last few weeks I ordered 4 digital files for my long arm and my software 5D Quilt Design Creator. 3 files opened and were exported just fine. One file kept giving me the message "Error. This file cannot be opened because it is not the correct file format."

The site I was ordering from is very reputable and tried to resend the file several times. Nothing seemed to change. So, they offered to replace the file with a different design. I said ok, but when I tried to open that design, I got the same message.

I've used some of the original files and they quilted out perfectly. I can't figure out why the first few files came through with flying colors and two of them don't. Has anyone else had this problem....... I'm just learning so please share any tidbits you might have.

Thank you! It's great to be part of a group that shares experience and ideas!!! ;o)
Kathy
Old 08-16-2016, 07:42 PM

I recently had an issue downloading an embroidery design I purchased from Brother USA. After working with the Technical Support, we finally determined the web browser was interfering with the download and so I switched from Mozilla Firefox to Microsoft and everything worked great. Might try something like that.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:12 AM

Thank you for your suggestion, Cactus Stitchin. I tried the Microsoft Edge browser and still received the same message."Error. This file cannot be opened because it is not the correct file format." ;o( I don't know how to fix files that have error messages....... These two files were from Anne Bright and I love her designs...... just don't know how to be able to open the files. She tried to help but has gone as far as she can. ;o( Maybe someone else has an idea to try. ??? Help!
Old 08-17-2016, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

Might check with the manufacturer of your machine. With the computerized one, there can be a glitch in your software. Our church leader had to take her machine in twice. It would just skip over part of the design. I don't know any of the details.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:44 AM

When I download files for my emb machine sometimes a couple of the files are instructions and cannot be opensed in the software. Perhaps???? Just a thought????
Old 08-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

I have 4D. It was bundled with my QBot, and has their logo on the box. I would contact Qbot, I think there is a yahoo group. I no longer have my Qbot, and only use the software to design stuff for my embroidery machine.

Also, it's somehow related to the Pfaff/Viking embroidery software. I would also contact them:
http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/en-US...Design-Creator