Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 60 degree triangle ruler?????

60 degree triangle ruler?????

My DH and I wanted this ruler for ages and we have a list of projects we want to tackle with it BUT it got me thinking........ What do you do with yours?

Banned
    make quilt blocks that requie 60 degree angles......lol

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBecca View Post
    My DH and I wanted this ruler for ages and we have a list of projects we want to tackle with it BUT it got me thinking........ What do you do with yours?
    I just use the 30 or 45 or 60 (opposite of 30) degree markings on one of my bigger rulers.

Really good for hexagonal table toppers.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Power Poster
    I use mine for the tablerunner out of border fabric that the ends are cut at 60 for a cool design. I also plan to use mine on a new OBW.

Get Kaye Wood's 'Starmaker 6' ruler, same as a 60 degree ruler. She has lots of patterns that go with it and you can use it for what ever pattern that calls for a 60 degree cut..... Here is her site: http://www.kayewood.com/item/Starmak...mplate/219/c64

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I use mine for the tablerunner out of border fabric that the ends are cut at 60 for a cool design. I also plan to use mine on a new OBW.
    I have used mine for the table topper.....made the round one with snowmen for friends for Christmas last year.
    Gloria 

Blog Entries
    Did you have trouble finding one to be waiting so long? I don't see them in shops much anymore. I find a set of EZ pretty colored rulers by Darlene Zimmerman at Tuesday Morning store every now and then: Hexagon, triangle, 45 and a 60. The 60 is a bright orange.
    Got fabric?

There are several different types of 60 degree rulers (and I may have them all). Some have a blunt tip, others a sharp tip. Some are marked with inches measured along the sides, others with inches measured straight up from the base. Each different style works best in certain situations, so you may find that you want more than one of these rulers!

I think you can make Kalidascopes, sorry SP LoL)

I use mine for strip cutting when I am using triangles in the quilt. I do prefer the blunt tip marking.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    I just use the 30 or 45 or 60 (opposite of 30) degree markings on one of my bigger rulers.

Really good for hexagonal table toppers.
    me too
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I have a book (it's only about 15 pages) with patterns using 60-degree cuts. It's called Sizzlin' Sixties by Heather Mulder Peterson. All the designs are hexagons based on the 60-degree angles. Quilts and table toppers. I've seen samples in an LQS, which is why I bought the book. I just haven't made any of them yet! The author recommends the Creative Grids 60-degree triangle ruler, which I think is readily available.