Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: sugesstions please for borders

Blog Entries

sugesstions please for borders

I am making this quilt, What fabric for the back, I don't have enough of the scraps from the front. Would you go with polka dots, plain, or 3 colors in strips, OR ??

http://heartlandtreasuresks.com/Frie...-P1226949.aspx

Practically anything will work. I'd go look thru thousandsofbolts.com and find something on sale.

Blog Entries
    What colors are you going to do yours? If possible, could you give a picture of yours, so far? It would help us answer your questions. BUT the main thing ~ it is 'quilters choice'.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

You could do a pieced back with your leftover fabrics.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Blog Entries
    I found some lovely leafy/vine in soft muted colors on white (I bought green, lavendar and blue) at our LQS a few years ago on sale. I love it, and have used it on a few quilts now. I am glad I bought 8 yards of each color! There are some lovely wide backing fabrics available-Joann's has them-not too bad when using a 50% coupon! I bought a bolt of lovely blue paisley (soft, muted color) with a 50% coupon. I would use a soft all-over design with a garden type theme, in a very soft color on white, if your backing is white. Bind it maybe with left-over scraps, sewn together as a scrappy binding

Blog Entries
    the quilt looks very traditional, so i'd probably go with muslin or another plain color.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I would say anything goes; if you could make an extra dalhia and center it or put it in one corner that would make back art ! Its really whatever you like. My personal preference would be solid or the yellow from the front. I'm a matchy matchy kinda girl. I would like to share with you that I have some of those dalhia blocks ready to be put together from my grandmother..... I was so excited when I saw your post and I checked it out ! Love the yellow sashing ! Inspiration...inspiration ! Enjoy ~ please post pics when completed; are you going to had quilt it ? Maybe some crosshatching ?