Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: 60mm rotary cutters

  1. #26
    Super Member JEM65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    1,660
    I use the 45's and 28's all the time! The 60mm is just too big for me, I feel I have better control with the smaller sizes.

  2. #27
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,666
    I use a 28mm 95% of the time and a 60mm the other 5% (mostly for cutting batting and Fast2fuse). I don't own a 45mm cutter.

  3. #28
    Super Member Lori S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,383
    I have rotary cutters in three sizes. I use the 60mm 95% of the time.

  4. #29
    Member TeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SE Ohio
    Posts
    23
    ok, ladies, not to offend anyone, but I have and use a 45 to cut my fabrics, and when I travel, it is the door pocket where it can be reached to slash anyone who is so stupid as to stick his hands and/or face in the window. Have had this happen so this attitude is not just a whimsical thought.

  5. #30
    Super Member LivelyLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    2,716
    I like the 60mm. I can cut through several layers easily and it works good for batting.

  6. #31
    Super Member Lori S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,383
    I use my 60mm 95 percent of the time. I have a 28 that I use for curves. I have a second 28 that I use for paper and other non fabric stuff.

  7. #32
    Super Member judy_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,420
    I have always used my 45 but have all of them.

  8. #33
    Super Member EagarBeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Eagar, Arizona
    Posts
    1,640
    I'm one who uses 45 also

  9. #34
    Member patcummings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    30
    I'd use scissors for fleece.

  10. #35
    Super Member MaryStoaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    3,924
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    The 60 is good for going through thicker fabrics or many layers at once.
    The 28mm is used to cut around curved and circular rotary cut templates.
    Most of us use a 45mm for every day cutting :D:D:D
    I agree. I just used a 60 for the first time and I like it for large pieces and at least 4 layers.

  11. #36
    Super Member luvTooQuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Posts
    7,111
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have all three. Hardly use the 28mm but I do use the 45 and 60 alot. Just depends on which I grab first then that's the one I use. I don have a preference if I'm just cutting a few layers. Obviously when I cut more than four layers the 60mm would be easier to cut

  12. #37
    Jeanne girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lake Placid, FL
    Posts
    41
    Try e-Bay or Amazon.com. Search the Internet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.