Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
9 x 13” pan cozy carrier >

9 x 13” pan cozy carrier

9 x 13” pan cozy carrier

Old 10-26-2021, 06:06 PM

Default 9 x 13” pan cozy carrier

I’m still looking for a pattern for a cozy that you can sit a 9x13” pan in. On the sides it comes up to the top of the pan but the ends of the cozy are longer that you can fold them over the ends of the pan to use a hot pad. These are not to be used in the microwave, just to transport the pan or keep it warm longer I think it has insulbright in it. Thanks
Old 10-26-2021, 07:15 PM

Directions are a little sketchy but I have no pattern.

2 pieces fabric 12” x 29” plus scrap for binding in handle area
2 dowel sticks 1/2” x 10”
1 piece 1/4” plywood 8” x 11”
2 terry cloth hand towels - thin is best

Lay the fabric pieces right side together, use a small bowl to cut a rounded opening 1.5” x 4.5” in the center of each 12” side. Bind them with scrap. These openings will be handles when completed.

Sew the 2 fabric pieces together across both short sides from binding to corner. Backstitch at the binding. Now sew one long side. The remaining side can be sewn too but leave an opening 9” in the very middle. Turn right side out. Slip dowels inside opening and push up to each 12” end. Turn raw edges of opening under & stitch both sides of opening but not together. It has to be left open like a pocket so plywood can get placed. Imagine now the plywood is in & make a pocket by sewing across from long side to long side. This makes a 9” pocket for plywood. Sew one hand towel to middle of pocket on long side that’s closed entirely. Sew other towel to opposite long side where pocket opening will be - but just sew towel to one layer. Slip plywood in pocket.

place 9x13 pan in center, fold towels up over pan, fold dowel sides up over pan. Dowels will be seen in the rounded openings. Grab dowels & carry.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:50 AM

If you want a pattern try this site - https://sew4home.com/. They have great patterns/directions for just about anything.
Old 10-27-2021, 05:56 AM

Why not use the video SueZQ from MN linked to in your previous thread? You could use insulbrite if you wanted to, for the batting. I feel she gave very good instructions for measuring the ends to come up over the ends, so that it would match your particular dish.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 10-27-2021 at 06:01 AM.