Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
? about Buggy Barn Quilt Shop >

? about Buggy Barn Quilt Shop

? about Buggy Barn Quilt Shop

Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 AM

Default ? about Buggy Barn Quilt Shop

I just found their web-site and really like what I see... lots of cute fabric and patterns. My problem is, that there is no posting anywhere as to who provides the security for on line orders. I wrote and asked who their provider was and the only responses was that their site is secure. Hmmmm..... have any of you ever ordered from them? What is the service/fabric quality etc. like?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

They have been in business for a long time. I haven't ordered from their site but have many of the books. I would lean toward ordering info being as safe as possible. Maybe calling the store and ordering? There is a tool free number listed.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

I think you are right to be cautious about online security. It's strange that this site doesn't address the security issue in their web pages. Like BellaBoo suggested, you can place your order over the phone.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 AM

oh munner, Buggy Barn IS a completely secure site, I have used them myself. Just to double check and satisfy the question in my own head after reading your's, I went there [via computer, not my feet or car, lol] and this is what I found at checkout. They have the httpS showing in address as seen here:
https://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Register and are also a part of 'quiltropolis' which is secure. The S which I bolded and underlined above is always a notation meaning "secure" as in "secure socket layer protection". I will NOT place an order on any site that does not have this in their address. The confusing thing is that it doesn't usually show up when you are simply browsing, but will and SHOULD show in the address at checkout or anywhere you need personal info protected. Hope this helps and I like BBarn's own material line quite a lot, have not had any problems with it.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:24 AM

Buggy barn has great fabric! the people working there are pretty great too!