Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
About Donating Charity Quilts.....and Blocks >

About Donating Charity Quilts.....and Blocks

About Donating Charity Quilts.....and Blocks

Old 03-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

I have read for awhile now that many of you make and donate quilts to charities. I don't have time to make quilts but now and then I would like to donate some of my block sets for someone else to finish and donate. How would I do this?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:18 PM

If there's a guild in your area you could contact them. Or, I'm sure someone here on the board would love to make them into a quilt for charity.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:23 PM

Oh yes, any local quilter would be more than happy to have the blocks to finish into a quilt! You might also search the Internet for a local Project Linus Chapter. That group makes quilts for seriously ill children in hospitals. I am a Project Linus blanketeer and thoroughly love making their quilts. I know your blocks would be so welcomed by someone in your area. Good Luck in finding them. Try asking the clerk at a quilting fabric shop. We quilters hang out there you know! lol

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...ser/dizzydonna
Old 03-29-2010, 05:31 PM

Check with your local ASG (American Sewing Guild). Many of them do charity quilts and would welcome your blocks. If you have a difficult time finding them, contact one of your local sewing dealers, or LQS. They will have the information you need.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Banned

I live in a very small town. If there is a guild or shop I'm not familiar with it. I was kinda hoping there was someone on here thats already involved with charities that would be interested in finishing for me.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:14 PM

I, myself, don't have time to make quilts for charity (I do other charity sewing) but I have a friend who belongs to a group who does an amazing amount of charity quilting. If you don't find someone in your town or here, I would love to have them for my friend.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
I have read for awhile now that many of you make and donate quilts to charities. I don't have time to make quilts but now and then I would like to donate some of my block sets for someone else to finish and donate. How would I do this?
If you can't find someone, I have a church group who makes charity quilts for nursing homes, childrens hospital and battered women's shelters. They would welcome your blocks.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

Thanks for the replies. I think I have a couple...for now... thats going to finish some for me. :thumbup:
Old 03-30-2010, 04:38 PM

I hope you post pics of your blocks and the finished quilts. It will be fun to see.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:45 PM

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

Hello Marsye ~

I would love to finish your quilt and gift it to a child. I am the founder of Touching Christ's Children Blankie Ministry. We are currently making 125 quilts for York County Dept. of Social Services. If you are interested you can pm. Thank you for your consideration.

Charity Quilter Dar