Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accu Quilt go >

Accu Quilt go

Accu Quilt go

Old 11-22-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ziva
What is a Sizzix system?
Believe the Sizzix system is a different brand from Accuquilt, but similar concept. I want to say Sizzix starting with paper cutting dies (like the Cricut), and then added fabric cutters/dies to their product line.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sheesh
I wonder if anyone has the accuquilt go and what do they think of it? If my sources are right, I think Joann's will have it on sale Black Friday. But th dies are expensive even after you make the initial investment. Sheesh
This discussion has been bandied around my guild for a few weeks now trying to decide whether or not to buy the professional model ($1000.00) for the guild's use. One of the suggestions concerning the cost: Offer to cut fabric for other quilters for a small price, or one of our members charges $40.00 per year with no limit on how much cutting you want done.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Love it, love it, love it!
Old 11-25-2010, 05:37 PM

I got a Sizzix "Bigg Shot" at Market in Houston and just got it so do not know about it yet, but it was a lot cheaper and you could use die from other machines. I had been looking on E-Bay and you could get the Go lots cheaper there but then the postage was high. I got mine with my business tax number and managed to get 50% off and then another 20% so it was a LOT cheaper. I'll let you kknow how it works if you want.

Peg-TX
Innova 18"
Old 11-25-2010, 05:40 PM

I have the big shot and would compare it with the accuquilt baby go. It's the same width, I believe. The biggest difference is that the big shot can take pretty much any die that will fit in it where the baby go can only take the smaller go dies.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have the Go and will never go back to rotary cutting all my quilt pieces. I bought it directly from Accucut the day it was available and I am still using the same cutting mats. To me it is as important as my sewing machine, not a luxury toy. The handle is stiff at first but after use it is smooth and very easy to turn. I have 1/4" fabric waste around each die. Anymore waste is the user's fault. I buy the dies when I find them on sale. I haven't found any rotary cut quilt pattern I can't cut with the Go. The machine has to be lower then cutting table height, just above waist high. Any higher and you will be using your shoulder to turn it. You should only rotate your lower arm. I took my Go to a PT and had him show me the correct position for no strain as I was having hand, shoulder, neck and back problems when rotary cutting for a quilt.
Great advice. I've been using mine a bit below waist height - so I'll try it a bit higher. I LOVE mine, too. And it really does get easier to turn after it's used for a while. At first, I said to myself - this was an expensive mistake - it's so hard to turn! But very soon, it was 'broken in' and very easy to turn.

I've been using mine to make HSTs - and what a JOY! I put the 2 fabrics on the cutter RST, roll them through the Go - which I have right next to my sewing machine - pick them up and sew them. No more lining up ruler and rotary cutter. Yes, I use the rotary cutter to 'rough' cut fabric for the Go, but it doesn't require the same accuracy - & I've noticed much less back strain! Not to mention less strain on my arthritic thumbs!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
PS: My basic Go will cost $299 from Missouri Sewing Machine Center while JoAnns is listed at $349. A lot of times JoAnns coupons will not apply to something like this. I do not shop JoAnn shops anymore since the one 20 miles away is not personable and their fabrics cause my fingers to crack and it tends to lose a lot of color after washing.
www.jhittersewing.com always has the Go for $249 or less, and the dies are cheaper than elsewhere, unless someone is having a spectacular sale. If you spend at least $100, shipping is free - which means buying 2 or 3 dies to get free shipping.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:18 PM

I think that's http://www.jhittlesewing.com