Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt to buy or not? >

AccuQuilt to buy or not?

AccuQuilt to buy or not?

Old 03-26-2013, 06:55 PM

Default AccuQuilt to buy or not?

My dear hubby thinks I should get one. He saw it at Joanns the other day. I sorta said I don't need that...lol. Well now I am rethinking it.

Where is the best place to buy it?

What is a good price for it?

Anything bad or good I should know before I decide to buy?

Thanks for any and all help you can give.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

I like it best for triangles and odd shapes (such as tumbler, hexagon, etc.). For strips, I actually prefer using the June Tailor mat. Check eBay for some good prices.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 PM

I have the smaller Go Baby and enjoy it, but bigger is better. Check here for prices: http://www.quilting-warehouse.com/ and amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...accuquilt%20go
There are other places where you can purchase it and I'm sure others will chime in. Also, do a quick search here and you can find lots of information plus there is a yahoo group for it.

You can definitely get it cheaper than the $299-349 Joann's price, although I have seen them on sale there for $199.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:14 PM

I keep going back and forth on this decision too. For awhile I think I want one, but then I go back to my roots of liking everything done by hand .... for strips I'd probably still cut by hand so I don't waste fabric, but for shapes and triangles it would be nice for sure. Oh the agony of trying to decide.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 PM

Best quilting tool ever invented. I own both the Go and Studio and I prefer the Studio for the money. The accuquilt site has a sale on the Studio right now. IMHO if you want to invest go with the Studio simply because it is alot more sturdy than the Go an you can use all GO dies in the Studio but can't use Studio in the GO.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 PM

I was flip-flopping on the go baby for Christmas, so DH just bought it for me. He also got the hexie die,2 sizes of triangles and a rectangle. I love it!! Fastest way to cut shapes.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:06 PM

Best prices are at diecutyourfabric.com. Prices show are retail, discounts are taken after you select your payment method. You won't be charged until you actually submit your order. No affiliation, just a happy customer, yada yada. Owner of the website has a yahoo group pinsandneedles1 if you're interested or have questions.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 AM

The accuquilt is something I do not regret buying one bit. I absolutely love the rag dies! I have issues with my hands and so does my mom (she also has fibro). Her and I enjoy quilting together so we split the price of the machine. It was just under $200 on Amazon and we split the bill. Sometimes it takes some muscle to get the die to roll through if it has more than a couple layers of fabric in it, but in that case we just have one of the guys crank it for us. I do wish the dies werent so expensive though. But if you look around, you can find good deals on them. We only have a few of the dies so far but use them often. The rag dies are my favorites, and my mom loves the strip cutter die.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 AM

Also a quick tip for anyone using the rag dies: Cut all your fabric and when you sit down to sandwich the rag pieces together to sew, have the iron handy and iron each sandwich before you sew them. This keeps the frayed edges from getting sucked under your machine as you sew. I also know someone on here mentioned using painters tape over the frayed edges as well. I prefer the iron method but whatever works for ya!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:12 AM
Power Poster

I would give up my sewing machine before giving up my Go. Mine is over six years old and still works great. I have about every die and can cut most all the quilt patterns I want to make.