Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt came with a bonus >

Accuquilt came with a bonus

Accuquilt came with a bonus

Old 06-30-2018, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
I always keep the bubble wrap, but the peanuts can't be recycled where I live, and I hate throwing them away in a land fill. What am I to do with peanuts??
Is there a business in your area that mails packages? Before moving out here to the deer, coyotes, and feral cats, I lived on the edge of a very large city. I saved packaging materials and recycled with the mailing business. Seems it was called something like Mailboxes, etc. Check your phone directory. I have always been fanatical about reusing. Having read about putting a particular packing peanut in water to make starch, I scattered a lot of peanuts in the back yard. Apparently the packing peanuts had been mixed before I got them, and I ground my teeth every time I looked out the window onto the back yard to see the peanuts blowing around.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:59 PM

All of the mailing businesses in my area (UPS, Fed Ex) are no longer accepting bubble wrap and peanuts. Said they could not because they can't guarantee that someone has not sprayed or put something on them. So sad.

I did find a thrift store that was glad to get my bubble wrap but would not take the peanuts because they were "too messy" which I perfectly understood. I couldn't even put them in my recycle can because Houston does not recycle styrofoam. Such a waste - had to put them in with the garbage.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:21 PM

you will just love your accuquilt cutter!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:07 PM

There's a msilboxes etc here that takes my peanuts. Someone's gping to get a nice surprise!