Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Accuquilt Cutting System ???

I love the Go!!!!!!!!!! Our JoAnns used to carry thewhite matts and they now only carry the gray ones. I wonder if the gray ones are the newer ones? I like the whites much better, too!

I love my Go got it for Christmas haven't got to use it much been out of town but the little I did use it I can see where it is going to be well worth every penny my husband spent on it. I say GO for it!!!!

Blog Entries
    I have used mine a ton and I don't find that I waste any fabric at all and I haven't found that the handle is hard to turn. I don't notice that my dies aren't sharp and my 2 1/2inch die gets lots and lots of use. I wish that I could have bought mine for $199 but even at $349 I would definetly buy it again. If you watch the Accuquilt website they always have great sales on the dies. I can't say anything about the gray mats because I only have the white ones. I have never seen the gray ones, I am still using the orginal ones that I got last summer when I got the Go.

I went to Facebook and typed in a question about the Go mats. I got a reply that the white ones are no longer in production, but that the gray ones work just as well. Was told that you should flip & rotate (I already do that) and that even if the mat looks like crap it should keep on cutting for a while. And my mat does look like crap after using it to make 4 1/2" squares for a lap quilt. The post did state that the rag dies are really rough on the mats because of so many blades. The rag dies were ones that I was wanting to buy. Being that I am a brand new Go owner I'll guess time will tell for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    I love the Go!!!!!!!!!! Our JoAnns used to carry thewhite matts and they now only carry the gray ones. I wonder if the gray ones are the newer ones? I like the whites much better, too!

I've cut a lot of perfect strips for swaps through Quiltville, plus have used my tumbler (the small one) to cut enough for a top. Have also cut a lot of 1/2 square triangles and squares from scraps. Mats look bad, but are still going strong.

Very little waste if you position fabric properly. For example, when I did the tumblers, I put a strip that was 3-5/8" wide on the die (blades are 3-1/2"). I'd have had at least that much waste if I was cutting using templates. And as far as that goes, I'd never have done it - no way I'd spend that kind of time cutting around a few hundred pieces!

I joined pinsandneedles, a Yahoo group, so buy my dies and mats through there. Always 30% off if you use a credit card, or 35% if you pay with a check. Great service!

I'm back again...ha. Just got another notice from my Facebook question about the white mats. The first post was from a another member. This one was from Accuquilt and it said:
    Hi Debbie,
    AccuQuilt wrote:"Ladies - AccuQuilt has decided to switch back to the white GO! Cutting Mats moving forward! Although the gray mats work fine, we know that our customers prefer the white cutting mats over the grey ones."

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B
    I went to Facebook and typed in a question about the Go mats. I got a reply that the white ones are no longer in production, but that the gray ones work just as well. Was told that you should flip & rotate (I already do that) and that even if the mat looks like crap it should keep on cutting for a while. And my mat does look like crap after using it to make 4 1/2" squares for a lap quilt. The post did state that the rag dies are really rough on the mats because of so many blades. The rag dies were ones that I was wanting to buy. Being that I am a brand new Go owner I'll guess time will tell for me.

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I love the Go and the studio. The gray mats for the Go are horrible...if you can find the white mats they last longer and go though the machine better.
    I have the GO and love it too, but you've mentioned something I've never heard of..."white mats"? Where can you purchase them. I haven't worn my gray ones out yet, but can see they don't last long, even tho they aren't as expensive as the dies, I would like something that lasts longer.

Blog Entries
    I think we should all email Accuquilt and ask for the white mats to go back in production...I would rather pay a bit more for those...you can see right though them so perfect for a fussy cut. They wear so much better...no big lumps like when you use the gray mats.

Blog Entries
    Oh Debbie...I hope you are right!!! The white mats are wonderful!!! Thumbs down for the gray crappy mats...
    I'm back again...ha. Just got another notice from my Facebook question about the white mats. The first post was from a another member. This one was from Accuquilt and it said:
    Hi Debbie,
    AccuQuilt wrote:"Ladies - AccuQuilt has decided to switch back to the white GO! Cutting Mats moving forward! Although the gray mats work fine, we know that our customers prefer the white cutting mats over the grey ones."

I agree with you carolaug! I've watched alot of the videos on youtube and accuquilt website before buying, and you can learn alot about it! There is not much waste at all and the crank is not hard to turn unless you put too much fabric in!

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I would disagree...very little waste of fabric...they are not cutting it correctly...only hard to turn handle if you put to much fabric in. I love the GO...no issues with the dies not being sharp and Accuquilt will replace if you have any issue. The customer service at Accuiquilt is Outstanding! I have no regrets buying the GO and now also own the Studio...I do not spend my money on wasteful things...and I love the GO and Studio worth every penny....
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    I was just considering to buy it last night then read some reviews which changed my mind...some gave it low ratings saying you waste allot of fabric...the dies don't stay as sharp after a certain no of cuts and it's hard to turn handle to get all the stuff thru...?

Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    OK ladies...sounds like you have convinced me...I'm heading to Joann's this wkend and hope it's still on sale and I'm going for it...
    I think the sale ends today, because in Sunday's flyer for tomorrow they are $249. Go get in now or order online! Good Luck! Love my Accuquilt Go!

To hobbykat1955

To hobbykat1955

hobbykat1955 go to SewVacDirect they have the AccuQuilt Go on sale today for $224.99 They also have the mats on sale. Fractured Prisms.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCakes
    The studio is not for pros but for high volume cutters/quilters. I have the studio and just love it. I have nothing negative to say about it.
    i agree but i am neither and own the studio...you just have to have room for it to be set up all the time. it does not store away. i use it at least 2-3 times for each quilt to make strips, squares and of course the binding. i love mine and it was worth every penny!

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    I ordered one a couple of days ago from joann's, and am waiting for its arrival. $199, +tax & shipping, minus the $150 joann's gift certificate from my son! (I love that boy) Really looking forward to having a new toy. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCakes
    The studio is not for pros but for high volume cutters/quilters. I have the studio and just love it. I have nothing negative to say about it.
    Agreed! I am a novice and love sewing but hated cutting. I did not know the difference between a baby, go , or studio. I got my studio when was on sale at Accuquilt. I love it. I have the rag dies, 2 1/2 inch strip cutter and a starter set that makes 12 1/2 inch blocks. Is an investment but worth it!

Blog Entries
    Overstock.com had the Go at their auction for $89. You may want to check that out. It's always listed at that starting price.

I love mine!! Last night I cut out enough 5" squares for two table runners in about 20 minutes!!

Blog Entries
    I'm a distributor for the Go cutter and I just used mine to cut all 2 1/2 inch strips for a kings size Irish Chain quilt for a customer and love it. It cuts accurate and no worries about getting a v in your cuts if it isn't laying just right. Cutting time is cut more than half.

Blog Entries
    http://www.thriftyideastoday.com/201...lt-studio.html
    Adpater for the studio - with this adpater you can use sizzix dies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneethequilter
    can you use the studio dies with the go
    No, the studio dies are thicker so they won't go thru the Go. You can get a platform for the studio and use the go dies in the studio, except for the long strip cutters. Haven't had success with those, but all the smaller ones work just fine.

how do you join the yahoo group pins and needles? I can't find it - computer challanged! I would love to be able to get my go dies cheaper than what I have been. Thanks

Blog Entries
    I was wondering do the handles come off the GO.My baby the handle came off.

Blog Entries
    Just tighten the screw....I have had no problems with it. If you continue to have a problem with it call customer service at Accuquilt they are AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie in CO
    I was wondering do the handles come off the GO.My baby the handle came off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast