Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Accuquilt Cutting System ???

I know the Studio is for the Pro's - which I am not. I like the looks of the Go and I think the Baby is too small. I would like imput from those who use one of these systems for cutting quilt pieces and if there are other products - what are they? Right now the Go is $199 at Joanns and I believe that will be the best price I can find. I guess I am asking for everyone's opinions. What do you LIKE and what DON'T you like about these cutting systems.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I love mine.. Just make sure you have back up mats as I go thru mine like crazy..

BTW- if you do an accuquilt search here on the board you will get tons of threads on the Accuquilt.. Might answer some of your questions..

I love mine. I got mine right after Christmas. But have not gone through my mats yet. How can you tell when you need to use a new mat?

I made the quilt in my avitar with the Go!

Blog Entries
    I have the GO and really like it. I think the Baby is too small and have no need for the Studio. I'd buy it at that sale price. I paid $349 for mine last year.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Believe me, You will know, it cracks in the grooves of the cuts made on the mat

Blog Entries
    I love the Go and the studio. The gray mats for the Go are horrible...if you can find the white mats they last longer and go though the machine better.

can you use the studio dies with the go

I love my Go! You cannot use the Studio Dies with the Go. For $199 at Joanns, I would jump on it and thereafter, be sure to visit the Accuquilt website. You will find lots of information, free patterns, etc.

Blog Entries
    I've never seen the gray mats anywhere, only the white ones. The mats are not expensive anyway. My Go is 3 years old and I paid retail price and it's been worth it to me. I have the Go Baby but DD took it home with her so I haven't used it much but she loves it. There are lots of youtube videos showing tips and different ways to use the dies.

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen the white mats anywhere. I just bought 5 mats and they are the gray ones.

I love my Go! I have no complaints at all. I was concerned that it would be hard to turn but it is not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I would check out the Sizzix big shot pro!

Blog Entries
    I also like the white mats since you can see through them to Fussy cut. The gray mats are so bad..I may post a picture later to show you what I mean...and they crack. I will be on the search for more white mats this weekend.

I recently bought my Go for 199 at Joann's. So far I've just used the die that came with it and I can tell that with use that I'll go through those mats like paper...even with turning & flipping. I do think that I'm going to like it. I just have to save some money for more dies. The first one that I'm going to get is the 2 1/2" strip. Also, looking at the rag dies. Actually, I guess I have my eye on a lot of different dies.

Blog Entries
    I love the 6 1/2 inch, Tumbler, 5 inch and strip dies
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B
    I recently bought my Go for 199 at Joann's. So far I've just used the die that came with it and I can tell that with use that I'll go through those mats like paper...even with turning & flipping. I do think that I'm going to like it. I just have to save some money for more dies. The first one that I'm going to get is the 2 1/2" strip. Also, looking at the rag dies. Actually, I guess I have my eye on a lot of different dies.

I was just considering to buy it last night then read some reviews which changed my mind...some gave it low ratings saying you waste allot of fabric...the dies don't stay as sharp after a certain no of cuts and it's hard to turn handle to get all the stuff thru...?

My sister and I have the pro. We split the price and keep it at her house. We bought it just before they came out with the "Go". We love it, it is precise, and it is quick. I think you cant go wrong with which ever one you purchase.

Blog Entries
    I would disagree...very little waste of fabric...they are not cutting it correctly...only hard to turn handle if you put to much fabric in. I love the GO...no issues with the dies not being sharp and Accuquilt will replace if you have any issue. The customer service at Accuiquilt is Outstanding! I have no regrets buying the GO and now also own the Studio...I do not spend my money on wasteful things...and I love the GO and Studio worth every penny....
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    I was just considering to buy it last night then read some reviews which changed my mind...some gave it low ratings saying you waste allot of fabric...the dies don't stay as sharp after a certain no of cuts and it's hard to turn handle to get all the stuff thru...?

So where do you find the white mats? Does Joann's carry them? My new Go came with a gray mat and after using it just a few times I can see that it isn't going to last long at all. Although, the mats are not expensive, if you have to buy new ones all the time then it seems to me that it will get expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I love the Go and the studio. The gray mats for the Go are horrible...if you can find the white mats they last longer and go though the machine better.

Blog Entries
    Some of the Joann stores sell them...the online store sold me the gray cheap crappy ones...trust me...you do not want the gray ones...junk mats...you want the see through white mats. I need to write to Accuquilt and tell them how crappy the gray ones are...really bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B
    So where do you find the white mats? Does Joann's carry them? My new Go came with a gray mat and after using it just a few times I can see that it isn't going to last long at all. Although, the mats are not expensive, if you have to buy new ones all the time then it seems to me that it will get expensive.

I agree, absolutely!

I would disagree...very little waste of fabric...they are not cutting it correctly...only hard to turn handle if you put to much fabric in. I love the GO...no issues with the dies not being sharp and Accuquilt will replace if you have any issue. The customer service at Accuiquilt is Outstanding! I have no regrets buying the GO and now also own the Studio...I do not spend my money on wasteful things...and I love the GO and Studio worth every penny....
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955

I bought my Go cutter and extra dies before the prices began to drop, and it is still worth every penny to me. I LOVE IT!!

Blog Entries
    me too.. and of course still buying...totally worth the money...think how much you spend on Templates and rotary cutters. You really do save money in the long run...really...
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2learn
    I bought my Go cutter and extra dies before the prices began to drop, and it is still worth every penny to me. I LOVE IT!!

The studio is not for pros but for high volume cutters/quilters. I have the studio and just love it. I have nothing negative to say about it.

OK ladies...sounds like you have convinced me...I'm heading to Joann's this wkend and hope it's still on sale and I'm going for it...

I have ordered one Hope it gets here today. Some of the ladies I take a class with say the wouldn't trade there's for anything. They said it would be the best money I ever spent. Good luck

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast