Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79

Thread: Accuquilt Cutting System ???

  1. #1
    Junior Member goosepoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern VA-Patrick Co
    Posts
    232
    I know the Studio is for the Pro's - which I am not. I like the looks of the Go and I think the Baby is too small. I would like imput from those who use one of these systems for cutting quilt pieces and if there are other products - what are they? Right now the Go is $199 at Joanns and I believe that will be the best price I can find. I guess I am asking for everyone's opinions. What do you LIKE and what DON'T you like about these cutting systems.

  2. #2
    Super Member luvTooQuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Posts
    7,119
    Blog Entries
    1
    I love mine.. Just make sure you have back up mats as I go thru mine like crazy..


    BTW- if you do an accuquilt search here on the board you will get tons of threads on the Accuquilt.. Might answer some of your questions..

  3. #3
    Junior Member Pinkrose4664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    281
    I love mine. I got mine right after Christmas. But have not gone through my mats yet. How can you tell when you need to use a new mat?

    I made the quilt in my avitar with the Go!

  4. #4
    Super Member tomilu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,702
    Blog Entries
    14
    I have the GO and really like it. I think the Baby is too small and have no need for the Studio. I'd buy it at that sale price. I paid $349 for mine last year.

  5. #5
    Super Member luvTooQuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Posts
    7,119
    Blog Entries
    1
    Believe me, You will know, it cracks in the grooves of the cuts made on the mat

  6. #6
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    4
    I love the Go and the studio. The gray mats for the Go are horrible...if you can find the white mats they last longer and go though the machine better.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    can you use the studio dies with the go

  8. #8
    Senior Member bgullett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Clinton Township MI
    Posts
    919
    I love my Go! You cannot use the Studio Dies with the Go. For $199 at Joanns, I would jump on it and thereafter, be sure to visit the Accuquilt website. You will find lots of information, free patterns, etc.

  9. #9
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    2
    I've never seen the gray mats anywhere, only the white ones. The mats are not expensive anyway. My Go is 3 years old and I paid retail price and it's been worth it to me. I have the Go Baby but DD took it home with her so I haven't used it much but she loves it. There are lots of youtube videos showing tips and different ways to use the dies.

  10. #10
    Super Member purplemem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Misssissippi
    Posts
    3,303
    Blog Entries
    1
    I haven't seen the white mats anywhere. I just bought 5 mats and they are the gray ones.

    I love my Go! I have no complaints at all. I was concerned that it would be hard to turn but it is not.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    1
    I would check out the Sizzix big shot pro!

  12. #12
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    4
    I also like the white mats since you can see through them to Fussy cut. The gray mats are so bad..I may post a picture later to show you what I mean...and they crack. I will be on the search for more white mats this weekend.

  13. #13
    Super Member Debbie B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Huber Heights, Ohio
    Posts
    2,339
    I recently bought my Go for 199 at Joann's. So far I've just used the die that came with it and I can tell that with use that I'll go through those mats like paper...even with turning & flipping. I do think that I'm going to like it. I just have to save some money for more dies. The first one that I'm going to get is the 2 1/2" strip. Also, looking at the rag dies. Actually, I guess I have my eye on a lot of different dies.

  14. #14
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    4
    I love the 6 1/2 inch, Tumbler, 5 inch and strip dies
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B
    I recently bought my Go for 199 at Joann's. So far I've just used the die that came with it and I can tell that with use that I'll go through those mats like paper...even with turning & flipping. I do think that I'm going to like it. I just have to save some money for more dies. The first one that I'm going to get is the 2 1/2" strip. Also, looking at the rag dies. Actually, I guess I have my eye on a lot of different dies.

  15. #15
    Super Member hobbykat1955's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,733
    I was just considering to buy it last night then read some reviews which changed my mind...some gave it low ratings saying you waste allot of fabric...the dies don't stay as sharp after a certain no of cuts and it's hard to turn handle to get all the stuff thru...?

  16. #16
    Member Pennylane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    34
    My sister and I have the pro. We split the price and keep it at her house. We bought it just before they came out with the "Go". We love it, it is precise, and it is quick. I think you cant go wrong with which ever one you purchase.

  17. #17
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    4
    I would disagree...very little waste of fabric...they are not cutting it correctly...only hard to turn handle if you put to much fabric in. I love the GO...no issues with the dies not being sharp and Accuquilt will replace if you have any issue. The customer service at Accuiquilt is Outstanding! I have no regrets buying the GO and now also own the Studio...I do not spend my money on wasteful things...and I love the GO and Studio worth every penny....
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    I was just considering to buy it last night then read some reviews which changed my mind...some gave it low ratings saying you waste allot of fabric...the dies don't stay as sharp after a certain no of cuts and it's hard to turn handle to get all the stuff thru...?

  18. #18
    Super Member Debbie B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Huber Heights, Ohio
    Posts
    2,339
    So where do you find the white mats? Does Joann's carry them? My new Go came with a gray mat and after using it just a few times I can see that it isn't going to last long at all. Although, the mats are not expensive, if you have to buy new ones all the time then it seems to me that it will get expensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I love the Go and the studio. The gray mats for the Go are horrible...if you can find the white mats they last longer and go though the machine better.

  19. #19
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    4
    Some of the Joann stores sell them...the online store sold me the gray cheap crappy ones...trust me...you do not want the gray ones...junk mats...you want the see through white mats. I need to write to Accuquilt and tell them how crappy the gray ones are...really bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B
    So where do you find the white mats? Does Joann's carry them? My new Go came with a gray mat and after using it just a few times I can see that it isn't going to last long at all. Although, the mats are not expensive, if you have to buy new ones all the time then it seems to me that it will get expensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I love the Go and the studio. The gray mats for the Go are horrible...if you can find the white mats they last longer and go though the machine better.

  20. #20
    Senior Member bgullett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Clinton Township MI
    Posts
    919
    I agree, absolutely!


    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I would disagree...very little waste of fabric...they are not cutting it correctly...only hard to turn handle if you put to much fabric in. I love the GO...no issues with the dies not being sharp and Accuquilt will replace if you have any issue. The customer service at Accuiquilt is Outstanding! I have no regrets buying the GO and now also own the Studio...I do not spend my money on wasteful things...and I love the GO and Studio worth every penny....
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    I was just considering to buy it last night then read some reviews which changed my mind...some gave it low ratings saying you waste allot of fabric...the dies don't stay as sharp after a certain no of cuts and it's hard to turn handle to get all the stuff thru...?

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    187
    I bought my Go cutter and extra dies before the prices began to drop, and it is still worth every penny to me. I LOVE IT!!

  22. #22
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    4
    me too.. and of course still buying...totally worth the money...think how much you spend on Templates and rotary cutters. You really do save money in the long run...really...
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2learn
    I bought my Go cutter and extra dies before the prices began to drop, and it is still worth every penny to me. I LOVE IT!!

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    WISCONSIN
    Posts
    387
    The studio is not for pros but for high volume cutters/quilters. I have the studio and just love it. I have nothing negative to say about it.

  24. #24
    Super Member hobbykat1955's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,733
    OK ladies...sounds like you have convinced me...I'm heading to Joann's this wkend and hope it's still on sale and I'm going for it...

  25. #25
    JanetWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clinton, MS
    Posts
    326
    I have ordered one Hope it gets here today. Some of the ladies I take a class with say the wouldn't trade there's for anything. They said it would be the best money I ever spent. Good luck

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.