Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt dies >

Accuquilt dies

Accuquilt dies

Old 08-25-2013, 04:18 PM

I just cut some of the log cabin pieces. mark you pieces 1-10 on the die - once you cut them line them up 1-10 in order - I have not started to sew it yet hoping to tomorrow. I am just making one for now to make a block for my sampler quilt. You need to keep directions in front of you as you are sewing, or at least till you are use to it.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:25 PM

I also love the hexagon 8 inch I cut them in half and sew them together. 5 inch is wonderful and the 2 inch square (great for scraps) Tumbler all sizes are my favorite but I have made so many that I am taking a break from them. I love the drunkards path...I tried the apple core - not a favorite but I will try it again at some point. Rag dies are wonderful I like the 8 inch one - caution...it uses a lot of fabric - when you sew them together it really makes them alot smaller. 2 1/2 inch is my go to for binding. I love all of the strip dies. I have many I have not used yet. I love the brick die. I have the eleanor burne die but it seems complicated. I will do that one some day. I have the wedding ring but have not done that one yet. I have may of the appliques but the flowers/leaves are the only ones I really use. I too have many still unwrapped but I plan on making many more. I love the Hexagon - the large 8 inch one. I would never had made so many quilts or tried so many different ones with out if I did not have the Go...Love it.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 PM

Love the 2.25 inch strip die...it is perfect for binding when 2.5 inch strip is too wide for some reason.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM

I just sewed one of the log cabin blocks using the log cabin die...every easy and quick. work the money. I also got a very good deal on it. 40 percent off at Joann's - love their sales
Old 08-29-2013, 04:59 AM

I bought my Accuquilt Go at the end of May, and I just love it!!! The projects I've used it for have gone together so accurately, that it showed me how INACCURATE my own cutting had become! Lol! My eyesight and hand coordination aren't what they used to be...I'm so happy to have found something that helps a lot. I've been collecting dies on sale that "go" together for certain side blocks, like 12" or 9". Usually squares and HSTs. Yes, it seems expensive, but now it seems worth it for the accuracy. Love all the comments here!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

I used the Ribbon die for a border and it looked great. The prairie point die is being retired so I got all sizes of it. I've had my Go for over 6 years so I have about every die for it.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:13 AM

I have a LOT of the dies...some I use, some I will someday....but I do like the the efficiency and speed of the die system and do not regret the purchase. I am, however, interested in BellaBoo comment about ome of the ies being retired...BTW I have also a few duplicate dies...anyone interested, I will sell cheap. PM me
Old 08-29-2013, 06:19 AM

I like to collect all of the latest gadgets for quilting. I piece as little as possible so I purchased the Baby Go and am busy collecting the applique dies. Since most of the quilts I make are for Linus I figured they would come in handy. Nancy's Notions lately had a good sale on those dies. I will admit that I haven't used the majority of my dies yet. They really do have some cute designs. For applique you have to use wonder under or something similar on the back.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:34 AM

I have a lot of dies but my absolute favorites are the strip dies. Perfect, straight strips. A friend and I used the 2 1/2" square dye for a project using fusible grid. I'd have gone mad cutting all those tiny pieces and my friend has carpal tunnel in both hands and has problems cutting with a rotary cutter. She was so excited she bought the Go Baby.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 AM

I'm looking for a die that accuquilt has retired. It is the cupcake #55097. I've hunted all over the internet but haven't found one yet. I checked Ebay. and Amazon. Any one have any suggestions??