Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Go Help >

Accuquilt Go Help

Accuquilt Go Help

Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 AM

I love my GO...I think I might waste more fabric but then I remember what a mess I made trying to make straight cuts for strips...If I used it for nothing else, the strips are worth it. I love the squares and triangles...in my opinion, it is all GOOD!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:25 PM

I have a Go Baby and love it as well. But I have a question: how do you cut strips that are longer than the die? It seems that I would only be able to cut the strips the length of the die and then sew them together. Is this right or am I missing something?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:56 PM

I agree with this post and the wedding ring, circles. Hexagons.....
Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
for me, a die cutter works better than the shape cut ruler. seems the ruler always slips. the other thing I think die cutters are great for are curved piecing (apple core, drunkard's path, rob peter etc.) and odd angles like a tumbler. It's kind of the proper tool for the proper job. I cut strips with the die cutter, then sub cut into squares using the ruler. If you can use a ruler and rotary cutter then that's what you should use!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 PM

Yeah because of my arthritis I have a hard time keeping a rotary cutter where I want it, so bought for the strips specifically, but of course didn't stop at those
Old 03-11-2013, 02:19 PM

For the GO, you can fold strips and they will cut WOF. I starch and press my fabric well, then put it on the GO. I get nice WOF strips for whatever width I am cutting.
I love my GO and use the JT ruler also when needed.
I am sure many of you know by now, I happened to get an almost new GO at a yard sale and get the very best prices I can find on dies.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:48 PM

I will only buy very specific dies for the accuquilt. I plan to buy the drunkards path, rag, and the log cabin. Much easier than any other way of cutting them. I currently have a 5" square die and love it.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

I turn the strips after cutting with the strip die and re cut with the die into perfect squares. The circles re cut in half makes perfect half cuts for leaves or owl wings.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 PM

I also bought the GO for use with specific dies ... so far, I've bought the larger rag quilt die, the 1-1/2" and 2-1/2" strip dies, but I have only used the strip die so far. Without the Go cutter and rag quilt die, I would not have made a rag quilt. A log cabin quilt (queen sized, I think) is on my short "to do" list and I really do not want to rotary cut those strips.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by garysgal View Post
I have a Go Baby and love it as well. But I have a question: how do you cut strips that are longer than the die? It seems that I would only be able to cut the strips the length of the die and then sew them together. Is this right or am I missing something?
In the videos that I have seen, the fabric is folded several times before it's run through the cutter so that the strips will be fairly long.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by weezie View Post
In the videos that I have seen, the fabric is folded several times before it's run through the cutter so that the strips will be fairly long.
Thanks Weezie, I will try that. Hopefully I'll have the strength to "roll" all those thicknesses thru! lol