Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt Rag Die >

AccuQuilt Rag Die

AccuQuilt Rag Die

Old 07-08-2011, 09:21 PM

Yes, me too. The rag die was the first die cut I used and I spent over 20-30 together pulling out the fibers that got caught in the blades. But even after doing that, it was still MUCH less time consuming that the old fashoined way. I guess like everything in life there is good & bad to it all!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:30 PM

I got it and I love it. Yes the die did get really gunked up; the rep told me not to worry about cleaning it until I was done; she said it wouldn't hurt anything. You can't put as many layers in as w/cotten but it does a great job. You can also use it to cut fleece to make a fleece rag; it won't shred just curl. I buy alot of flannel and then cut it all; sandwhich it together (you can either use batting or an extra piece of flannel or nothing in it at all. I stitch the layers together and put them in my stash; when I need to make a gift I sort thru them and get ones that are right for person recieving it. I made one with solids on one side and print on the other then appliqued designs (from accuquilt) made from fleece on the backside so it was more of a two sided quilt. If you have any problems contact the company and they'll help you out; fast
Old 07-11-2011, 01:31 PM

I have the go; no paper needed; just don't be so finicky about the threads getting stuck until it's done. I was and the rep told me to wait and it all was good
Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 AM

I also have the rag die.....you can only cut 2 thickness at a time....which is one square....works great...however a real problem cleaning...I am looking for help on that...
but it really does make the job easy...Good Luck