Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt >

Accuquilt

Accuquilt

Old 11-26-2019, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

I wished for a Go Big but thought it was too expensive at my years left

I bought mine not even thinking I could die before it got shipped. Don't think like that, it's robbing you of joy. The Go Big is on sale now and it takes all the size dies made for the Go.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:02 AM

I am a huge fan of Accuquilt. I own a Studio 2 and it! When selecting dies, I decided to first buy the dies that make standard precuts--charms, layer cakes, strips, etc. By starting with those dies, I was able to find plenty of patterns that I could cut with a limited number of dies. I have a large selection of dies now, but I still use those basic dies a great deal of the time. For those who think it wastes fabric, I would like to compare my scrap bags to theirs. Mine are neatly cut in standard sizes categorized and labeled--ready to use! My last quilt cleaned up 2 boxes of these easy-to-use scraps. The one bit of advice that I would have is to wait for sales on the dies you want. I list the dies that I want using the wish list on the Accuquilt site. When they have a good sale, I refer to my wish list to see what I want. I love the commercial grade Studio 2 because the dies for it are sturdier, yet, I can use all the GO! dies with my adaptor. The Studio 2 cranks easily and will cut more fabric faster. It is also heavy and less portable than the GO! systems. My husband built me a rolling cart as a permanent home for my cutter, so I never put it away.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-27-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 11-26-2019, 12:43 PM

I have only had my Go Big for a couple of months. I bought a cube, the Angles and the Corners dies to go with it; I also bought several strip dies to make binds, borders, etc. I love it so far and yesterday cut and sewed half-square triangles all day! Gotta say I love it and I am working on my second quilt using it!!
Old 11-26-2019, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
What type of quilt do you like to do? Quilt block? If you want to make quilts using the BOB dies, you need the electric model. For the $100 additional investment, it is worth it imho. Think of how many times you will use it. It is pennies per cost.

The cubes are nice for storage. However, if you want to power cut shapes consider the individual matching die shapes.

What are BOB dies ?
Old 11-26-2019, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I bought mine not even thinking I could die before it got shipped. Don't think like that, it's robbing you of joy. The Go Big is on sale now and it takes all the size dies made for the Go.

Onebyone, you are so right .
Old 11-26-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
What are BOB dies ?

They are dies that cut the whole block in one pass. Let me introduce you to Bob!

https://www.accuquilt.com/go-cutter-...-on-board.html
Old 11-27-2019, 11:48 AM

I used the Hunters Star die and the 55027, peaky and spiky. They are points on the stars with the volcano in the middle.

I too cut off part of my left index finger, I lovingly carried it to the doctor who promptly threw it in the trash. You didn't cut enough off to sew back on!

I just have the hand crank but that is all the room I have.
Old 09-10-2022, 03:55 PM

I never thought I would purchase the Go Big electric cutter but I changed my mind. I have not regretted it either. I've since gotten several dies during their specials especially when they offered free shipping. I am having to hold off for a while now though because the eye Dr. wants to be paid too. Well, if he insists I guess I will have to wait on the latest Die to try and hope it has been added permanently to the line.