Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilter? >

Accuquilter?

Accuquilter?

Old 07-24-2015, 09:26 AM

Default Accuquilter?

I am trying to decide where to buy one. Got an offer for the studio one that folds for 200 off. With the beginning set it is almost 900. Is it worth it?
Old 07-24-2015, 09:32 AM

What do you want to do with it? I have the original non-folding Studio and love it. It is good to get the Studio on sale. I started with the Go's, but found them lacking and I am definitely glad I bought it.

Will you use all the dies that are in the starter set? If not, you may want to buy as you go, since they do have sales on the dies as well.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:49 AM

Does anyone know if you can use accuquilt dies in the studio. My MIL inherited a studio that sits in the garage collecting dust. I know she will give it to me if I ask but was wondering if the accuquilt dies will work. Do they just require a shim
Old 07-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

Ebony Love is an expert on die cutters. She can answer any question about all of them. She posts regularly on the Accuquilt Facebook group page. Everything you want to know is posted on that group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/accuquiltandbeyond/

I have the Go, the Go Baby, and the Go Big. I won the Go Baby, bought the Go and got the Go Big as a gift. I rarely use my rotary cutter anymore. I don't have the studio because it takes up a lot of room but I sure would take one if it was available to get for free. There are many more dies for the studio then the Go and a lot for sewing other then quilting, like totes, bags, aprons, etc.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:53 PM

Yes, you can use the Accuquilt Go dies in the Studio with an adapter. However, you cannot use the Studio dies in the Go.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:01 PM

It will all depend on how much you do those kinds of quilts? I bought the Go because of the size and because it accomodates the type of dies I need. I don't belong to a guild so it is just my friend and I that use it. The Go Baby was too small. But the Studio was to big for my needs. So determine what you will do with it - kind of like buying a sewing machine with a lot of bells and whistles you know you won't use.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

It depends on how much you will use it and for what.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Power Poster

It will all depend on how much you do those kinds of quilts?
I haven't found any quilt pattern I can't use the Go dies. Double Wedding Ring, Winding Ways, Snail Trail, Orange Peel, Log Cabin, Baskets, Churn Dash, Kite, Ohio Star, Blooming Nine Patch, Drunkard's Path, Rag quilt, strip dies in many different sizes including hst, triangle, diamond, chisel, rectangle, wedge, square, and many applique shapes. I like the BOB (block on board) dies the best. Every piece of the block is cut at one time. Layer six fabrics and have six blocks cut in five seconds. Accuquilt has a 50% off die sale all July. I bought all the ones that were on sale that I didn't have with free shipping. I have over 60 dies.

Last edited by Onebyone; 07-24-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:06 PM

And to think... there are a boat load of strip quilters who are still wondering why cut all that fabric up in little pieces just to sew them back together again.

tim the strip quilter in san jose
Old 07-24-2015, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
Does anyone know if you can use accuquilt dies in the studio. My MIL inherited a studio that sits in the garage collecting dust. I know she will give it to me if I ask but was wondering if the accuquilt dies will work. Do they just require a shim
You can use almost any brand in the Studio. I have used both my Go dies and Sizzix dies with the adapters. I agree with Onebyone about Ebony and would recommend her book, "The Big Little Book of Fabric Die Cutting Tips." It is very helpful.