this is for admin - re: showing copyrighted stuff >

this is for admin - re: showing copyrighted stuff

this is for admin - re: showing copyrighted stuff

Old 06-03-2009, 08:01 PM

New Zealand is SE of Australia

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by k3n
PMSL is 'peed' myself laughing (think Blue's word for pee has some ss in it though!

A kiwi is what they call New Zealanders. It's a type of bird, also a fruit so take your pick which suits Blue best! LOL

K x
ok, don't laugh, said before, I DID NOT take geography. where is new zealand? It's got to be either somewhere around england or canada, if they sound like the canadians. LOL, I just did it again. I was thinking, has to be...bc they sound like brits...but I have never actually heard, Blue talk...my brain just believes I have.
This probably doesn't make much sense to you, huh?
I've been hearing Blue's voice that way so long, am convinced that "my idea", is the reality!
You sound kind of funny when you speak French, bc of your having lived in England, but you do the accent well. Hans still sounds Dutch.
No I haven't gone loopy, you know everybody hears voices, here on the farm! :wink:
It actually is in the Pacific Ocean..I always think of it as being near Australia.

Interesting point. Do you get mental images of what people look like from what they say? Wouldn't it be great to go into a room and try to pick out who everyone is?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:37 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Here's a amap but I don't know the scale http://www.australian1.com/maps/Maps...ealand_map.gif

I think NZ is a way away from Oz though - Blue? Where are you when we need you?

K x
Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
Interesting point. Do you get mental images of what people look like from what they say? Wouldn't it be great to go into a room and try to pick out who everyone is?
It would be great if one day we COULD all be in the same room!

K x
Old 06-04-2009, 06:22 AM
Administrator

dunster summed it up pretty nicely. I'm not a lawyer, but that pretty much fits my understanding of copyright laws.

With pictures, the person who takes the picture owns the copyright for the picture. It doesn't even matter who made the quilt. More important is who took the picture, not what's displayed on it (aside from some specific cases).

So as long as you believe no sane judge (or a jury of peers) would agree that the primary purpose of that particular picture is to distribute the pattern (so that the others can trace it, etc.), I don't think there is going to be a problem.

In other words, if you take a picture of a printout of some pattern and distribute such picture, that would probably be a violation of the law. Since it would be obvious that that the picture's primary purpose is to distribute the pattern.

But if you take a picture of a quit and distribute the picture with the intent to show your work then no laws are broken.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:15 AM
k3n
Power Poster

And yes, Admin DID ask me before using my gorilla photo for his avatar! So he practises what he preaches! :D

K x