Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Adult Bibs Question Please >

Adult Bibs Question Please

Adult Bibs Question Please

Old 05-08-2022, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
This is what I use too. I made many for adults and kids. The pellets are washable and dryable. I used one pretty print and muslin for backing. They are great for the car. I make an extra long one for me. I'm always spilling something in the car on myself. I have used the thin vinyl felt backed tablecloths too as thin batting or for backing to make it leak proof . I bought a big bag of the pellets at Walmart. Walmart has big summer vinyl thin felt back tablecloths for $3 now. I buy several as I use them for a lot of sewing projects.
we are on the same page for sure. I first made them when my son was so sick and couldn’t sit up well. Then I made some for me and Mr Stitchnripper. Then other son who eats in the car saw and wanted. Now he tells me his friend who also eats in the car wants one and could I make him one. Yes I will. I keep one in my car too
Old 05-09-2022, 02:17 AM

My Dad had Parkinson's, and I made him aprons instead of bibs. They were the usual kind you make for men to BBQ in the backyard so they never looked like bibs, giving him a little dignity with better coverage (the lap). I made them reversible so that they had a little more oomph to them, but they were cotton. Now that he's gone, we still use them as aprons and it makes us feel just a little closer to him.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:59 AM

I bought one that has a towel fabric on one side and some sort of water barrier on the back side.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:45 PM

my guild made dinner "scarves" for all the care centers in the county. They were made so that the wide ends of a over the neck draping U would be in their front and overlap. They could be slipped over someone's neck/shoulders from behind too. These looked a little like the name tag/pins/etc things some of us have made for sewing/quilt guilds. They were 2 layers (right sides together and then turn right side out and stitched together at the neck. We were able to use lots of different fabrics that would allow all to be dignified. Took about 1 yd per dinner scarf (we did use different fabric on the opposite side)