Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Advantages of Sewing on a Treadle

I use these lights when I'm servicing machines and sometimes when I'm using the treadle machine. Soon I will be back to treadling, doctor hasn't said I can yet. I broke my right ankle 2 months ago.
    Sharon W. in Texas :cry:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeannie t
    do you powder coat your sewing machines, my husband was amazed at the finish on your machines?
    No I use automotive paint and lots of clear!!

Powder coating would be a bear and a half if you forgot to plug the holes up to keep from messing the threads up. And Singer sewing machines all have proprietary thread pitch and there is not a set of tapes and dies out there to be had that I know of. If I can get a set I am all over them and would throw the bank at them.

Billy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by laureneberhard
    OK BILLY! GET BACK TO MY MACHINE!!
    I have just a little bit to finish up on a 99K I am refurbishing and tomorrow afternoon I am tearing into your machine and sand blasting your treadle. The treadle will be finished before the weekend and the machine will be done next week.

I am really looking forward to seeing how well the plating was preserved under all of the paint so those parts are being soaked in a paint stripper.

Either way I will be sending you photos of a treadle and machine in the nude in a day or two!!

Billy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2