Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Advice is needed please >

Advice is needed please

Advice is needed please

Old 12-06-2010, 03:37 PM

thank you bevf I know that is what I tell my grandkids. I know there is never a dumb question but I sometimes feel as though I am a burden when asking so many question...I have had alot of help from alot of great people on this board and I appreciate all they have helped me with. I am glad I came across this board alot of wonderful tutorials and alot of nice people.
thanks so much to all
sandy
Old 12-16-2010, 02:25 PM

Well I had another row attached but had to take it off 2 for it didnt line up and I had one of the panels on top of the same animal that wasnt to go like that so I am getting there slowly hoping to work on it these next coule wks since i will be off work..for Christmas vacation.
Hope you all have a great and merry christmas and a wonderful New Year in 2011
Old 12-16-2010, 02:30 PM

Sandy - these are looking really good! What a great solution for your blocks. Do not worry at all about how many times you need to ask questions. That is how we all are learning. I'm absorbing your questions & the answers you are getting, which will help me when I tackle this pattern for the first time. So see - you are already paying it forward and didn't even know it! :) Can't wait to see the next "installment".
Old 12-16-2010, 04:46 PM

thanks quiltincowgirl I appreciate it...I am varily new at all this too so learning from alot of wonderful people on her they dont mind the questions and sometimes I feel really stupid I think I make mountains out of mole hills sometimes..they make things look so easy to do but I make it hard on myself...have a merry christmas will post more as i get done.
thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 05:43 AM

well you want to know what really bites is when you get going good on something and cant find the rest of the material you had to go with it. So now I have to start all over and find different colors I had a couple yards of the green and brown but do you think i can find what I did with it.I have searched high and low and nowhere else to look so I am hoping it didnt get put into a box that I threw away a wk ago..that is really going to p*** me off.
so will have to repost new pics when I get started all over
Old 12-20-2010, 07:38 AM

Hold on!
#1 - - if you mean that you are taking blocks apart to attach different colors ... I STRONGLY advise that you not do that.
Perhaps you will not meet your self-imposed deadline, but you know you bought the fabric, you have invested a lot of work into the quilt as it is so far, and you still won't meet your deadline if you have to unsew, recut, and sew again.
#2 - - It would seem to me that you have done blocks into rows - - are you simply going to unstitch those rows and insert the new colors between your base? That is possibly doable
#3, and probably most importantly - - you are working with fabric that is older than new stuff.
At the most, it is recommended that you only unsew and re-sew no more than three times, and I very much think twice is almost too much with older fabric. If you keep messing with the blocks by un-sewing, re-sewing, you will lose the block in the end.
Put the project away for a week, and I guarantee you that you will find the fabric - - right where you put it when it made good sense to put it there at the time.
Please think long and hard before you start undoing all you have accomplished <wave>
Old 12-20-2010, 07:48 AM

When I have unsquare fabric I always pull a thread to make it square up and that way you can cut the rest of the block by measuring from the squared side.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:48 AM

When I have unsquare fabric I always pull a thread to make it square up and that way you can cut the rest of the block by measuring from the squared side.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:49 AM

sorry...hit the send time twice! Silly me!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 PM

Oh no! Don't take them apart. Even if you put a row at the top and bottom with another color it will look intentional and balanced. (Did you look in the bag you had your blue fabric in?? You showed us some in blue.) Hopefully you find your fabric, that is so frustrating.